What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best time to water

I was watching gardening by the yard the other day, and that guy said that someone somewhere sometime had done a study about when the best time for watering your plants was, and that they concluded that it was between three PM and 6 PM. They said that watering them in the morning stressed them and they grew much more vigorously when they watered them btw. 3 and 6.
has anyone experimented with this? anyone know how much more better the plants grew? I'm going to start watering my plants like that. I didn't really have a set time before.

Well this applies to Garden plants. My cps sit in a tray or get moring watering (for the most part). The main idea is if you transplant them or they are suffering they have all night to catch-up. They will not wilt because no sun = less evaporation, and the night is generally cooler.

Paul James rocks! they had cps on there once.

That sounds like a better idea in a dry climate than in a humid climate.  Less of the water will be lost to evaporation, but there'll be a much greater threat of disease.  If not for CPs, certainly for the fruits and vegetables and orchids that consume much of my plant growing effort.

Back