What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to get nepenthus's

• Thread starter enoc22
  • Start date
Hi i am a begginer to CP's and i was wondering if anybody knew a good place to get nephtus's that are good growing but not expensive

let ke know please

Oliver

Petflytrap is an excellent place to get several easy Nepenthes, and they probably have more if you ask, if you live in the US.

smile.gif

It's hard to argue with those top three for ease and expense.

depends what you are looking for but, if ya want something easy to grow and are just a begginer at growing them i would say look threw what pft sells. if ya want something diff. there are lots of places to order them from and some but not all are usaully on this board as members. i will not pass on names of suppiers on the board

Ebay is a good place to get Nep plants too. I once got a nice sized N merrilliana plant from there for only $5!
smile.gif

Jœl

Send me your address and I'll send a small N. x coccinea cutting. Please tell me if you have grown Neps before; this is an easy one, but still needs the basic care for Neps.
Ludwig

I cannot believe the generosity of this group!!!
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

Some one requests something and someone else volunteers it
WOW if only the whole world was so generous

I don't know if I should say this on this forum or not. If the answer's no I'll be hearing from a mod.
The best place to get a nepenthe cheap is Lowes. You can get one for under $3. I bought two and the are very fast growers and seem to be strong easy plants to grow. I don't know for sure what kind they are yet, I'm sure that they're a hybrid. Since you're new It's always good to get a plant as cheap as you can, incase you kill it. It's better to learn from your mistakes with a $3 plant intsead of a $15 or $20 plant. If you don't have a Lowes near you or your Lowes don't sell cp's let me know and I'll send you one.
Another good place to look for cheap cp's, including nepenthes, are greenhouses. I went to a greenhouse last Friday. I asked if they had any carnivourous plants. The women told me that they had some but they sold all of them but one pitcher plant. I asked what kind of pitcher plant it was and she said she didn't know. She took me to it and guess what. It was a medium sized nepenthes! The price was $4.95, It looked very stressed so I asked if I could get a discount. She said she'd take $2 for.
biggrin.gif
Of course I bought it. I don't know what kind it is yet. It don't have pitchers but it has some buds. The leaves looks just like a N.bical.
Look at your local greenhouses, you never know what you'll find.

If you don't want what phil has listed, then e-mail him to see if he has more availble.

Back