What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

?Best FREE photo editing software?

• Thread starter DragonsEye
  • Start date

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
So I've used Picassa and it is fine for very very basic editing. I don't do anything close to enough to justify spending $ on something like Photoshop. I used to have Olympus Photo editing software (think it was version 2) that a friend let me have because she did use Photoshop. The Olympus pretty much did everything I personally wanted ... one of the main things being able to tweak red, green, or blue color balance. Also it was an incredibly stupid simple program to utilize so no steep learning curve at all. Well that pc died and so with it all the programs I had on it. Which leads me to my title Q: What is the best free photo editing software you have found?

So I've used Picassa and it is fine for very very basic editing. I don't do anything close to enough to justify spending $ on something like Photoshop. I used to have Olympus Photo editing software (think it was version 2) that a friend let me have because she did use Photoshop. The Olympus pretty much did everything I personally wanted ... one of the main things being able to tweak red, green, or blue color balance. Also it was an incredibly stupid simple program to utilize so no steep learning curve at all. Well that pc died and so with it all the programs I had on it. Which leads me to my title Q: What is the best free photo editing software you have found?

I'm a big fan of GIMP, Gnu Image Manipulation Program. It's almost as powerful as Adobe Photoshop.

Best of all, it's Open Source and FREE!

You can find the download page here: https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Good growing,
Mike

ImageJ is pretty easy and free, with several optional additions (most also free).

Another vote for Gimp.

Back