What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best CP's for my climate?

I'll look for something like that...
Are y'all sure beachsand won't do?
There's loads of it in here... In fact a bunch is clogging my window... It ain't aragonite as usually seen in front of reefs...

SO, the new plants arrived today...
They sent 1 as a gift...
It's tiring to place all the images here, so follow this link to my blog...

I'll only post this here:
D. burmanii
's first inflorescence shoot here

BTW... I found the LFS...
For how many plants will this do?

Last edited:
Looking good!

That LFS looks like good stuff but I would get maybe 4 liters so you don't have to keep ordering over and over again.

D. burmanii
's first inflorescence shoot
DSC03152.JPG

The onslaught begins! You can certainly see the snap-tentacles in that photo :-D

@Peatmoss: I already asked how many packages they can send at once...
@Not a number: And the D. carbarup also has one...
DSC03162.JPG

Hand't noticed until this morning when I saw the pink bud XD

Less than 6 hours later...
DSC03170.JPG

That was fast...

Found the sand in an aquarium... Is used for mud filters... Package says it's 98% silica...

Last edited:
God damit!
After the terrible loss of the D. burmanii (in part due to the process of inflorescence, in part due to an accident involving some pots falling on top of their plants) now it appears my D. capensis want's to meet the burmanii in the plant afterlife...
I don't worry if the leaf dries from the tip towards the stem, but now a few small brown spots appeared on the base of the leaves and I'm afraid they're rotting!
The conditions of the plant have not been changed, in fact, under these conditions it was that the plant thrived for about 3 weeks...
Am I missing something D: ?

Back