What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, long time ago i was talking here, but all my plants die... Surrently all begin to become brown and that was all, in a week all become nothing. The dioneas (the ones that are alive), look fine, they are slepping,
smile_m_32.gif
, but i wanna have plants again, i read i need clean peat moss befor use it, i just clean it one time, maybe y need do it more times, and the plants i buy was full of bad stuff (gnat larva, worms, spiders), so a friend is going to sell me some, but i dont want p´lants that i need put to sleep, im buying a Pingüicola moranensis, Pingüicola agnatha, Pingüicola lobo, Nepenthes Alata, Drosera capensis, Drosera espatulata, Drosera adelae, Drosera aliciae, Drosera binata, one im not sure...she say it is a Sarracenia helianfora nutans and Uticularia gibba, wich ones need winter dormancy?, all will do fine in a terrarium?, all togheter?, i imaginate the terrarium like an aquarium, wich stuff i need buy?, i have a fog maker, is good?, and i have a 18,000°K aqua-glo bulb, but i read is bad, i dont want problems, and i read ppl have problems w a 10,000°k, so 18,000°k is worse right?, wich light combinatoin is apropiated?, wich substrate is the best?, or what us tink is good?, how clean all for the terrarium?, any water w out sodium and carbonathe is fine?, is a 20 gal high terrarium, or maybe i get a 55gal, just for 90dls
smile_n_32.gif
, do i need put metallic paper on all the terrarium back?, well i ask abouth almost all, but any ting you all wanna say i will apreciate it, any tip would be good, thanks i see us later.

Alright as far as plants go I think every plant you listed is good for a terrarium seeing as they dont need a dormancy. Just remember D. Capensis and Adelae are a pain to get rid of after planting them in a terrarium. As far as subtrate, I say stick with pure good old LFS with a layer of gravel or small rocks at the bottom. How much light you need depends on how big your terraium is, but no matter what you want at least 50-60 watts of light and remember the more light the better. I say you cram as much light as possable into that thing
smile.gif
also, you do want to cover the sides with something reflective, aluminum foil, mylar, or mirrors. Lastly, use rain, distilled, or reverse osmosis filtered water, nothing else.

-Rail

A 20 gallon terrarium will work fine for all of those plants. You might want to try a grow light like the one below.
http://ahsupply.com/96watt.htm
This will be all that you would need to grow plants in a 20 gallon terrarium. Also, 18,000K is not that good for growing cp. I would stick with around 4,000K to 6,500K as this is the spectrum carnivorous plants grow best under.
dewy

Hey ok, thanks to u 2!, is very cool, so this pinguiculas dont need slepp great, if they are slepping can i awake them?.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]she say it is a Sarracenia helianfora nutans and Uticularia gibba

Is the Sarracenia the same as the Heliamphora nutans? Because if you are talking about two different plants, the Sarracenia needs dormancy.

-D. Lybrand

hi.. um ok..i tink they ... i dont know they dont are here yet...i will have all my plants soon, but not yet. They say is sarracenia heliamphora nutans... but i tink is just heliamphora... but anyway... i recibe a call and they say they dont have this plant so they will send me someting in change, i hope someting very cool!
smile.gif

Back