What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Before and after

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
Set my VFTs outside for some sun and fun yesterday.  I got these pics, also.

Before:
VFT%20before.jpg

After:
VFT%20after.jpg

The larger fly above got caught when he tripped the trigger hairs by chasing off the smaller fly which gets caught below.

Before:
Small%20VFT%20before.jpg

After:
Small%20VFT%20after.jpg

Those are some ridiculously cool pics Steve.

Jake

You can throw away your electric bug zapper!
biggrin.gif

Sweet pics. Someone needs to get action like that on video.

I am absolutely amazed with your photographs!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
I don't know if I've ever been that moved by such few words
tounge.gif
wow.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
Anyways, keep up the good work, I agree with Dyflam, we should have something like that made into a move!!!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Very nice pics I am going to set mine out later see if they get anything.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

WOW! Cool pics!

P.S I'm back from my holiday! My VFT is fine and doing well - I have just tried getting the exoskelotens out - One of the traps shut - WHOOPS!
biggrin.gif

I'd originally planned on taking picks of all the flies that were buzzing around my CPs like they were some sort of buffet. Then I noticed these two flies inside the first trap and kept an eye on them. Almost missed the second one. It was caught about a minute after the first one.

Awsome... Is that top one a "Regal"?

Hi Darcy, no that's a Red Dragon I got from Exotic Gardens last summer. For some reason it put out the long skinny petiols at the beginning of winter as did the Green Dragons. They are about the gangliest looking plants I've ever set eyes on. I'm hoping that the petiols will widen out this summer.

Nice Pictures and looks like you had a good day for it.

Those are some great pics. I wish I could get some pics like that but I only have baby flytraps.

BCK, I LOVE the pics. I believe you can qualify for pro status now.
smile.gif
I dont think that the petioles will widen during the summer if they didnt during the spring and winter. I still like their looks, gangly or not!

Cole

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (flytrap2803 @ April 21 2003,3:O8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Those are some great pics.  I wish I could get some pics like that but I only have baby flytraps.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Don't let the size of the photos fool you.  The trap on the Red Dragon is about an inch, but the trap on the typical in the second pair of pics is just bairly ½" (1.4cm).

@Colieo: I don't know about the pro status.  I just happened to be at the right place at the right time with my camera in my hand.  I missed shots like this several times last summer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigCarnivourKid @ April 21 2003,02:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi Darcy, no that's a Red Dragon I got from Exotic Gardens last summer.  For some reason it put out the long skinny petiols at the beginning of winter as did the Green Dragons.  They are about the gangliest looking plants I've ever set eyes on.  I'm hoping that the petiols will widen out this summer.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
How weird, did the photo change the color or do you have an unusually orange dragon? Mine is more maroon and purple, like most of the photoes I've seen.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigCarnivourKid @ April 22 2003,08:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't let the size of the photos fool you.  The trap on the Red Dragon is about an inch, but the trap on the typical in the second pair of pics is just bairly ½" (1.4cm).[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Pictures are really deceiving
confused.gif
. I thought those were huge traps you had going. They look really healthy and a nice red color. So the flies are not that big I take it? I would love to one of my vfts catch a fly. That is sweet you caught the flies in action like that. Thanks for sharing!
smile.gif

Travis

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Darcie @ April 22 2003,07:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How weird, did the photo change the color or do you have an unusually orange dragon?  Mine is more maroon and purple, like most of the photoes I've seen.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Darcie, I'm not sure why they appear orange colored, but they appear marroon and purple with a green lip at the base of the teeth on my monitor. If they look orangish (sp) on your monitor I can understand your confusion.

Regals are orange colored huh?  I'll have to keep an eye out for one.  Orange is my wifes favorite color
smile.gif
.  Brownie points with the Lady of the House are always good to have
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Back