What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ball python

• Thread starter Tim
  • Start date
  • Tags
    gentle
Here's my Ball Python. They're exceptionally gentle if any of you are thinking about a snake, and they don't get big, hardly ever more that 5 feet or so.

ballpython.jpg

nice snake, typical gold and brown. the saddles on its side looks cool

I'm not sure how to sex them, but a guy at a local shop said he'd do it for 15 dollars. Zach, if I get it a mate, do you think they would breed in a 40 gallon tank? That's where it lives now.

I think its a male but I'm not really sure.
Don't pay a man $15 to sex your snake for that much you could buy a probe and a video on how to sex ball pythons.

Well, if you are a beginner with probing/sexing (as i am), i would find an expert to do it for me. you dont want to rip the skin or anything when probing. Good luck-Zach

40 is good size for your snake. im not too good with breeding yet, Sliz, any feedback?

Ive been told that you can also tell with the spurs, Im not sure if it is true but Ive heard that ball pythons are one of the few that you can tell by looking at them.

The females are very small almost nonexistent and the males of course are larger. Try taking it to a store that deals more specifically with snakes they may do it for free. That's what I did with mine the lady told my judging by the spurs then popped out the freaky lookin sex organs and low and behold she was right just by lookin at the spurs.

By the way it can be dangerous probing your snake if you arent sure what you are doing

You said you have several. Do you think a 40 gallon tank would be enough to breed them? Thanks.

Ive never bred snakes and honestly... I havent a clue how big a 40 gallon tank is since they come in all shapes. But if your snakes are comfortable in the enclosure they are in at the moment I dont see why they couldnt breed there.

Back