What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bag Touching Leaves (during acclimation)

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date
Just a quick question . . .
I'm acclimating some new Neps using the bag method. One of the plants has larger leaves and they touch the inside of the bag. Is that a problem? I feel like I read somewhere that condensation will make the leaf start to rot, fungus, or something like that.

Maybe I should cut back the leaves? Maybe just get a bigger bag?

I've never noticed it to present any kind of major issue in terms of fungus. You'd probably see mechanical damage from the leaves being bent by the bag if anything.

I've never noticed it to present any kind of major issue in terms of fungus. You'd probably see mechanical damage from the leaves being bent by the bag if anything.
Sounds good! And the leaves aren't even big enough to be bent by the bag, they just touch the bag with their leaf tips.

If you have condensation between the leaf and the bag, it can be an issue. If you have a lot of condensation inside the bag, open it up a bit to dry it out a little.

Back