What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bacps meeting this saturday!

AHA! I was the kid in the white CP sales shirt who was thinking about buying the ventricosa i fell in love with because it looked like a sibuyanensis form the top! So I DID meet you!
biggrin.gif

I was half out of it at the meeting... Being sick, spraining my ankle 2 times, falling into a poisonous cactus (and yes, I have swelters on my hands, and my hands have been shaky and spasomy all day, also having temporary arthritus from the poison), almost falling into a 12 foot pit, and while heping Peter D amatos book keeper bring a case of plants in for sale, fell into a stream!
laugh.gif

Yes, i have been clumsy today. But the cactus is making me feel... happy!
wow.gif

wink.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Ahhhh, thank you Spec! And thanks for letting me "have" that plant!

I believe that was your friend though (the one that was going silly over buying plants) that bought that Sarracenia I REALLY wanted
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
When I got home and told my wife about it, she said I should have offered him $15 for it so he could make $2.50 (he bargained Don to give him 2 plants for $25...good for him). I said, yeah right.

umm..which sarr? Couldn't be the Flava I bought because that was at the end of the meeting. Must have been Droseradude.

Interesting to see three of the people you expect to be adults are actually 13-14 eh? Before I met him I thought Spec was 26 and I was convinced till I saw otherwise

sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
 I had to work all day today
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slizarus @ May 16 2004,1:02)]umm..which sarr? Couldn't be the Flava I bought because that was at the end of the meeting. Must have been Droseradude.

Interesting to see three of the people you expect to be adults are actually 13-14 eh? Before I met him I thought Spec was 26 and I was convinced till I saw otherwise
yea, droseradude and captaindrosera splurged their whole life savings!
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif

Spec, Maybe I will go to the next meeting. Keep me posted as to when. I haven't been getting the BACPS Newsletter for some time, but then, neither has Stephen Davis, and he's the Pres. Warren, PM me about soil mixes for the bog. We can talk a while. I was supposed to be on the panel too, but couldn't make it.

weeee that was a fun meeting! especially those 2.5 feet drosera regia. I got a d. mirabilis, and a rare drosera, cant remember the name (neo-something), and this n. vietchi highland x lowii, and an s. minor, and a u. gibba, and I won a big s. orephilla and another sarr in the raffle.
wow.gif
I think I bought too much. And the berkley botanical gardens were fun. (except when I got cut on the door to the cactus house thing). Warren, which one were you there? I was the annoying kid with the other annoying kid. (my brother alan)
Spec you said you sprained your ankle 5 times, not 2.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (droseradude @ May 17 2004,8:46)]weeee that was a fun meeting! especially those 2.5 feet drosera regia. I got a d. mirabilis, and a rare drosera, cant remember the name (neo-something), and this n. vietchi highland x lowii, and an s. minor, and a u. gibba, and I won a big s. orephilla and another sarr in the raffle.
wow.gif
I think I bought too much. And the berkley botanical gardens were fun. (except when I got cut on the door to the cactus house thing). Warren, which one were you there? I was the annoying kid with the other annoying kid. (my brother alan)
Spec you said you sprained your ankle 5 times, not 2.
no, but then i said i sprained 2 times and cracked it 3 times

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I was half out of it at the meeting... Being sick, spraining my ankle 2 times, falling into a poisonous cactus (and yes, I have swelters on my hands, and my hands have been shaky and spasomy all day, also having temporary arthritus from the poison), almost falling into a 12 foot pit, and while heping Peter D amatos book keeper bring a case of plants in for sale, fell into a stream!  

Spec, maybe you should have joined me in the spazzies-anonymous meeting instead.
wow.gif
laugh.gif

Est... You are so cruel!
wink.gif

tounge.gif

Here are the plants that Warren got at BACPS:

From left to right: Drosera capensis, Nepenthes ventricosa, Sarracenia oreophylla
BACPS_Plants.jpg

The one Warren wanted but Alan got rright before he did
wink.gif

WANTED.jpg

Thanks for posting my pics, Spec.

Yes, Slizarus, I must admit that I was a little surprised when I found out who Spec was. He is wise beyond his years
wow.gif

Droseradude, I was the old guy (look young for my age) with short hair, shorts and t-shirt that was looking green from not getting the sarrs your brother bought.

Bugweed - OK, I'll PM you. But I think I need to do some homework on a bog. I have a pond with a marginal bog which I really like. I've seen some pictures of some CP bogs that people have made. It is a good idea, but after attending the meeting, I began to think that it could be a headache to maintain a healthy environment year after year. Also, I'm beginning to appreciate having these plants higher up where they are easier to look at - like maybe in a raised planter box.

Warren

p.s. I'm still really happy about my ventricosa. Like a new baby, I kept admiring it yesterday, wondering how well I could make it grow.

Back