What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BACPS at 2010 SF Flower and Garden show in March

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
The BACPS will once again have a booth at the flower show, delighting kids and enlightening parents about the wonders of the carnivorous plant world.

To pull off this amazing feat, we need YOUR help!

You, too, can help man the booth on any of the days below, for just a few hours or as many as you want, helping kids pot up their own baby Venus Fly Traps, and showing off our best bug-eating marvels. When your shift(s) is up, feel free to enjoy the always fantastic gardens and great food found just around the corner.

The show runs from Wednesday, March 24, through Sunday, the 28th, at the San Mateo convention center. Wednesday through Saturday, the booth hours are: 9:45 - 1:30, 1:00 - 5:00, and 4:30 - 8:00. Sunday the show closes early, so the last shift will end at 6:00 pm. Set-up and take-down will be on Tuesday and Monday. Don't feel overwhelmed: it's two per shift, with a half hour overlap between shifts-- plenty of help!

It's just that easy! Along with filling pots and brains, you would also be asked to mist some plants, and guard the volunteered plants, see that they return home safely. There will be a coloring area for the kids, and a sign-in sheet for prospective members.

023.jpg

We also need volunteer plants! This is your chance to show off that fantastic Nepenthes filling your bathroom window, your favorite terrarium, or that gargantuan Sundew gluing up any and all who dare enter your back yard. How about a pot full of mega flytraps? Post an idea here, or send me an e-mail-- all offers are welcome!

that's like next door to me! i think i can do Thursday from 9:45-1:30

R U in charge of it this year?

I have been "volunteered" as co-chair for this year, yes.
I'm having fun. :-O

Amphirion, I have you on my list. Thanks!!! Are there any plants you'd like to show off?

There are two things I forgot to add.

This year the giant flytrap and Heliamphora may be in use elsewhere, so I'd like to use the half-barrel bog again. Does anyone have an empty half barrel we could use?

The other thing I'd like to borrow would be a microscope so folks can see some Utricularia traps.

since i "just got" my plants---my collection is only 5 mths old, there really isnt anything to show---hmm...maybe i could display my petiolaris (3) or cephalotus. how does the volunteer plant thing work out? when do i bring the plants?

You can bring them directly Tuesday, or arrange to drop them off at a friend's house, and they'll take them up.
Things will be taken down Sunday night, and the plants that aren't taken home then will be pampered in the GH until they can be picked up.

Would you like to take a shift at the table? That's the really fun part.

You BACPS people have all the fun. I wish we had a CPS in my area. Enjoy!

There are only 8 shifts left open: Stop by the <a href="http://z4.invisionfree.com/BACPS/index.php?showtopic=244">BACPS board</a> and grab a space, while the grabbing's good!

please show some AWESOME PICS of the event, including TF members photos pleazzz :)

Back