What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back to original version

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date
Hang in there. We can hold out until the bugs get worked out. I don't know what I'm seeing...its not the new and not the old. lol

Anyway...don't stress! Its all for the eventual good of the forums.
smile.gif

Yeh, im just having a little fun with him, thats all. We will live regardless
smile.gif

edit: It wasnt really burning my 'eyes out' (i actually liked it), i was attempting humor, BTW

[b said:
Quote[/b] (xvart @ Jan. 02 2007,15:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Jan. 02 2007,16:21)]That was a feature I really liked about the new version i had installed.. it separated the stickies from the non- allwell. lol
I liked that too.

I just noticed that the reply screen is different, too! It is light green now! Not that I care at all, it's kind of pretty.

Andrew, did you bet on investing this much time when you bought the board? lol. Keep up the good work for us high maintenance users... lol.

xvart.
yah, colors might be changing on and off... this older version allows me to make changes... so maybe i can figure some out... so we'll see... ( i think that green is goine now :p) No, I had no idea. the upgrade was supposed to be cake, and give lots of cool new features you guys would love and make it easier for us mods... But aparently none of that happened. LOL!!!
Andrew

Please also note... I'm working on a version of phpbb that is already installed. I took a backup of this forum's database about 4 hours ago, and have downloaded it to my computer. Right now it is in the middle of "converting" after that... I will need to upload it to the new forum and import the new data. Pending some testing... that forum may soon replace this forum. Which would mean any posts between about 4 hours ago, to when i move that forum over here.. will be lost. Sorry. It's the best I can do without closing the forums for 24 hours or something....
Andrew

You could copy the database over a second time when you're done. Although I doubt that conversion tool lets you select specific tables in the database (since you just want to overwrite posts, not the rest of the board settings).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Jan. 02 2007,18:35)]It's the best I can do without closing the forums for 24 hours or something....
Andrew
NOOOOOOO! What would I do with myself for a whole day!!! TF has become my backbone!

xvart.

edit: oh and I just realized that I don't have that plain box for an avatar! Now I can procrastinate on thinking of a cool avatar.

Did anyone else notice the military time? I'm so confused...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (xvart @ Jan. 02 2007,19:53)]Now I can procrastinate on thinking of a cool avatar.
YAY

-Ben

Ben just subtract 12 from the time if it is over 12 and you willhave the time. Not hard at all budy.

Andrew Thank goodness you decided to change over to a new platform. LOL This one seems like it is not popular for a reason doesn't it? LMAO
laugh.gif

Oh, yeah, I know how, it's just that when I'm looking to see topics that have recently been replied to, my brain doesn't automatically say that 17:00 is 5:00 PM.

-Ben

opps, time is set back to 12 hour (remember the boards are now installed from scratch :-\ )
Andre

Thank you!

See this is why I don't read clocks. Right here. I had a sundial strapped to my head for the past 6 weeks and my life is sooo much simpler now.

How do I see it you ask? Wouldn't you like to know...
wink.gif.gif

Now your name is cooler, Andre.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for changing it back.

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Jan. 02 2007,4:22)]
yah, colors might be changing on and off... this older version allows me to make changes... so maybe i can figure some out... so we'll see... ( i think that green is goine now :p) No, I had no idea. the upgrade was supposed to be cake, and give lots of cool new features you guys would love and make it easier for us mods... But aparently none of that happened. LOL!!!
Andrew
Actually if you restore the ikonboard.css file with the one I sent you it should bring the old green color scheme back.

Yeah! My cyclopse is back!!!!!
oh.gif

Oh, Andrew: There is a little issue that I have. I can only see 15 topics listed on the topic list. Is this due to the forum's change or becuase of something I need to do (or set)?

Thanks a lot!!

not a number, I tried that. it changed nothing

jossa, that is probably one of my settings.. but since.. .any time now.. i should be activating the new forum.. it realy doesn't matter :p

Weird, the CSS has been restored to the old layout but it has these colors in it instead of the old ones. It's like the current colors were cached and then written out to the CSS. The admin panel normally does that.

Back