What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baby adelae, capilaris longleaf, filliformis.

Got three new additions for my collection.
Baby Adelae (paid the plant price (1USD) with shipping, extra 1 plant).
Baby Capilaris longleaf (bonus from fili).
Baby Filiformis (pay shipping only).
Yay. *swooooon*

I never know that Filis was a really tough plant. It was still standing straight even after shipping.
Adelae was a little bit tired.
Capilaris was like smooth breeze (just missing dews).

Congratulations. D. adelae is very easy plant that will spread quickly from its roots. In a few months the entire pot will be filled with young plants. D. capillaris is also a nice and easy plant. One thing to know is that D. filformis is another drosera species that requires a winter dormancy period, although I've heard some are more tolerant of warm winters. Good luck and have fun as they spread.

Oh, thankyou for the info about dormancy for filiformis. I will ask about it to the breeder who gave it to me. I hope I can know when should I prepare gor it since I live in a full-year round sun.
I heard that filiformis like more water while adelae not so much.
I want to know about capilaris and water level.. Hahahha

D. capillaris will want as much water as D. filiformis. Not sure where you heard that D. adalae doesn't like a lot of water. Perhaps it won't like water at the soil level or above, but you should be able to keep all of these standing in water.

My nursery keepers said that while filiformis appreciate loads of water, just let the adelae's media stay damp/moist, but not soupy.

I let my intermedias soupy-waterlogged (they grew nicely, bigger each passing weeks, and allright), but my friends are all surprised and told me better only make it damp.

I would keep doing what your doing. D. Intermedia grow in wet conditions in the wild. They can even be submerged at times.

Oh, so I'm not totaly wrong about the Intermedia. I was kinda torn before. Afraid it will rot. Lolz.
And I hope I can do this to Paradoxa too (coming soon).
I am not sure about burmannii (coming soon) tho.

Back