What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I was given some sarr seeds, and some of them had finally sprouted this spring after their required stratification. I lost many of them(all my alata and flava rugellis). My lueco's and some of my gulfensis's made it and had three or so leaves each. And then all of a sudden they started disappearing. Yesterday, I lost my last one. I found out that it was some sorta worm, that ate them all. I found it when I lost my first gulfensis, but since I couln't find again, I thought it died or left. A couple days later, the others started to disappear, and by then I couldn't keep up.
smile_h_32.gif

So sorry to hear that. My condolences. Ando f course a worm wouldn't attack something like a common spatulata or intermedia! it goes right for the less common plants. Sorry, Wes.

Never had something like that happen to me but I know how you feel, having lost 'hard-to-grow-from-seed' plants such as these ones.

Sorry to hear,
smile_o_32.gif

Jason

Thats gotta suck! I've never had very many seeds sprout, and when they do i am extremely pleased, I cant imagine having them sprout and then die
smile_h_32.gif

I can't win when it comes to these things.
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I wish i could just get my sarrs to sprout

I think it may have been a little luck. They were attacked by fugus's numerous times.

What kind of worm was it?

Back