What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction update

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi folks

The auction is going well! We have 7 more days to go. I want to thank everybody who's participating. And you LURKERS...get out there and bid! hehe

I want to say a special thanks to some of our "foreign" members who have either donated or bid, even though this is a North American based project. Its so heartwarming to see that people understand this is a "world" issue because there are so many Sarracenia growers around the globe. What we can do here in the US, will hopefully one day pay off for not only the plants but the growers too.

Also...some of you are not stating opening bids. So don't forget that. Although that usually means a higher starting bid than what the donor would have set.
biggrin.gif

I urge you to take a look. There are new things being added and you can continue to list. New stuff adds interest. But boy have you SEEN some of the wonderful stuff up for bid?? Check out Troy's book offering...and Jason Wong's petiolaris seeds! And don't forget to check ALLLL the pages...not just the opening page...lots of stuff on all 4 pages.

And I'm happy to report the current donated total is....

*drum roll*...

Itssssssssssssssssss....

Naaaaaaaaahhhh...ain't gonna tell ya yet.
laugh.gif

smile_n_32.gif

PAK, you are such a tease!!
laugh.gif

heehee   Well, anyone who wants to take a calculator and add up four pages of listings to find out...knock yourself out!  
smile_l_32.gif
 lol

...Don't you dare tempt me... Darnit! Ok, ok, I'll see if I can do it...

Start Time 10:06

Finish Time 10:33!! Pow!!

Looks liiiiike.....

$2,219!!! Yowza! Already beating last year's if I remember correctly, and there are still some items with NO bids on them!

And, if I'm doing this without error, it looks like the average bid is $15.74!! Our highest bid was $100 by Philcula!!

Yeah! You guys rock! Let's keep the ball rollin' tell your friends, tell your neighbors, tell your boss, heck, tekk your friend's neighbor's boss! Awesome everyone! But be on the lookout for items with no bids on them, there's some mighty fine Drosera out there that're going under the radar!

*faint* WOW! We've broken last year's tally! Woooooooohoooooooooo!!

Aren't you guys just the greatest??
biggrin.gif

And we still have 5 more days. I see so many things I want its hard to decide! Its like a smorgasbord of plants and cool stuff.

Est...THANK YOU for doing that. I know it takes a while to add it all up.
smile.gif

Ah gee, i paid more than $100 for an item last year. C'mon people!

Well lets see...we've got the LEAH WILKERSON, the rare collector's Nepenthes book, a fantastic piece of included Dominican amber, quite a few rare and hotly desired Nepenthes including N. rajah and N. villosa.  There are cephalotus, petiolaris seed, VA COUNTRY HAM (hehe), the "huge stinky flower" tuber...  I could go on!

We have some things that are way below their value like the rare nep book, the amber, the Leah Wilkerson.  So this is your chance and maybe your ONLY chance to acquire these NICE things....AND... help out a conservation effort.  
smile.gif

We now have 144 listings and we've hit 5 pages!

Yeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

Back