What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction to be reopened!

Auction to be reopened! - Please make a choice on the time

• I'd like to see the auction close tonite, May 22nd, at midnite as previously scheduled

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd like to see the auction run until Monday, May 23rd at midnite.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi folks

I'm SO SORRY for the mix up here. The auction was supposed to run through TODAY and close tonite at midnite. I must have not been clear on that with Phil.

I have emailed Phil about it and am waiting to hear back.

I put up this poll to get a feel for who wants it to close as it was originally scheduled and who would like an extra day for the error.

That being said, I won't know for sure when it can be closed until I hear back from Phil as I don't know what his availability is.

I will get back with you all as soon as I can regarding when it will be reopened and closed.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I guess things were going a liiiiittle too smoothly.
smile_l_32.gif

this auction is so succesful............I would have it run for another 2 weeks if I was Phil

I definitely would like it reopened. I was waiting for today to bid on some plants and even emailed as to the final close time. If I would have known it was closed yesterday, I would have put my bids in. Please reopen it!!

Joel

me two were did it go! I was hoping to get those last bids in.
smile.gif

We are planning to reopen it. But only Phil can do that. As soon as we get in touch with him it should be reopened.

Hard descision. I don't want to get outbidded again, but up to the people. I was gonna say, end it now and then have another auction if we want it.

The question is not whether to reopen it or not. It WILL reopen. The question is WHEN to reopen it.

I have had someone PM me to pull his bids on "principal". If anyone is so upset by this mistake and wants to pull bids because of it, I can't stop you. But this auction was supposed to be all about willing donations to NASC because you believe in and want to support the mission of the organization. It is not about simply buying a plant. Whatever you acquire from the auction should be "gravy" on top of the donation. This was stated in the Auction rules.

I am very sorry for the confusion but its done now and we have to move forward and see what we can do to rectify this.

I will put my trust in the community not to take this as an opportunity to bail on your bids. This is a "good faith" thing...not a gun to your head.

Thanks to all of you who understand and follow through with your donations. Greatly appreciated!

smile.gif

This has certainly put a damper on the fun of participating in an auction that benefits a very worthy cause, especially being a new member to this group. I am the person who sent the PM stating if the rules of the auction changed - even if due to a mistake, I would pull my bids on principal. Even though it was inappropriately insinuated that the reason I might want to pull my bids was due to having second thoughts on the items on which I bid, I had (and still have) full intentions of honoring my bids - if the original rules set forth are followed. Am I unreasonable?

Since I have already spent too much valuable time trying to maneuver through this quagmire, could I ask that someone PM me when (and if) the auction is re-loaded?

Thanks

Because of this, I think another week would be in order. Too much fun!

I say open it till Monday. Then people will one entire day - (it is a holiday on Monday?) to fight and scrap for those items we've all been waiting to snipe at.

Gosh, I almost forgot to bid on some o' those rocks...
smile.gif

Hmmm, I'm beginning to sense an anticlimax...after the first few days the listing/bidding seems to have slowed...may want to think about closing it, and reopening it a month or so later. You know, to let the anticipation build and our collections recover.
smile.gif

How about 11PM Central Time on Monday, May 23?  That ends the midnight/what day is it confusion, and for those of us in the East, it means reasonable bedtime for those who work and/or go to school--that is, all of us.  Another week Bugweed?  I don't think my middle aged, sleep deprived heart could take it!!  Also, don't think our wallets could take it.  But really, doesn't everyone already know what they want, and have bids in by now?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How about 11PM Central Time on Monday, May 23? That ends the midnight/what day is it confusion, and for those of us in the East, it means reasonable bedtime for those who work and/or go to school--that is, all of us.

While I've got to admit that watching my Drool Indicator get pegged off the scale every time I enter a post where JBL is bidding has been very entertaining
smile_n_32.gif
confused.gif
>;-D , work constraints definitely make my vote either for today (Sunday at midnite) or for JBL's recommendation of Monday @ 11PM Central (or earlier). [Why does it have to be so darn late anyway??
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Those west coasters don't need any more advantages....
mad.gif
]

I don't care, as long as it ends today or tomorrow. I'd like to ship these plants ASAP. A couple are about to bloom and I'd like that to happen at the buyer's place, not inside a box.

I just need to ensure victory in the auctions I've zeroed in on and get contact info, so really either way. Although i'd prefer it be closed tonight to minimize the snipewatch
smile_n_32.gif

Thats a good reason Bruce. All I am saying is, we have enough to contend with now, a very nice sum of money for the NASC. Lets get these items out to the buyers and have another auction in the future.

Mistakes happen and sometimes confusion causes problems BUT:

It would be unfair to folks that anticipated having today (Sunday) to sit and relax and place bids, to keep it as is without reopening and setting a closing date/time that is known by all in advance.

I voted for the extra day for a total of keeping it open for 2 more days once it is reinstated. Not everyone is here checking on the forums every day. I do hope that it is reinstated pronto though!

Tony

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RL7836 @ May 22 2005,12:15)]While I've got to admit that watching my Drool Indicator get pegged off the scale every time I enter a post where JBL is bidding  has been very entertaining
smile_n_32.gif

confused.gif
 >;-D ,
Hey now! I do feel like I'm in the dentist office waiting for the drill to re-start--rinse and spit, rinse and spit. But, I too have many plants to ship, some of which are in full bloom now. Remember, I'm not just a bidder, I'm also a donator. Those who win items from me will be very pleased with size, quality, I hope--IMHO.

End it now, please--put me out of my misery...
smile_o_32.gif
that's me resting in peace!!

I agree with where Tony is going with this. If I was told by a store that my coupon for a free ice cream for my kid was good until Sunday, and then I show up Sunday to get my free ice cream for my kid and they say, "Sorry we made a mistake." It was only valid thru Saturday." I would be upset and so would my kid! I would expect the store to honor their original agreement. I realize this auction is for a worthy cause and if some of us didn't get the chance to bid on Sunday, it wouldn't be the end of the world. (Well...maybe for me!) But it seems to me that it could easily be fixed by just extending the auction thru Monday evening 9pm central or something like that. That way we don't have to stay up late, and the auction would extend roughly another 24 hours anyway. I think that would be a just compromise.

Joel

Yes, reopen...I still need to snipe some ham.

lol Tweek. OK...point well taken that it doesn't have to close so late. I agree. But please bear in mind that Phil has to do this manually so its up to him with exact times as to when he can get to the computer to do this.

So far its running pretty evenly as to which day. Perhaps extending it one day with an earlier closing time would suit the most people.

I am so sorry for this confusion. I'm no happier about it than anyone else. Everything else is going wrong so this just adds to the pile.
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back