What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUCTION TALLEY...good job!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
GOING....GOING.....GONE!!!  **BANG!**
SOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER!

Just wanted you all to know the auction total, give or take a few dollars, is.....

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>$1,846!!!</span></span>

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

I want to thank all of you who supported the auction and the North American Sarracenia Conservancy by participating in the auction either listing items or by bidding.

I know a lot of items went for very high prices...out of range for a lot of us (me included!) ...but...that was the point!  It's disappointing not to "win", but just by bidding you all are winners of the HEART.  The auction was all about "giving" and not "getting" and the spirit of generosity surely abounds here!

Sometimes we think as individuals we are helpless to effect change.  But when individuals come together with a common goal, the power is strong!

I hope all of you continue to offer your support in any way possible...talent, ideas, project work and...SPIRIT!   Remember this is a slow, long-term project which may not always be as "exciting" as an auction, but the end results will be very worthwhile.  So don't forget about the NASC forum.  Talk about the project with all your plant-loving, conservationist friends.

I want to offer special thanks to our Fearless Leader and Bossman, Phil Crane for generously offering to let us use the forums for the auction and NASC home-base.  More thanks go to Tony Paroubek for his valuable assistance, Trashcan/Patrick for his expert computer help, Technoracer/Brian for his suggestions and help, all the mods for keeping an eye on things and to Casper for handling the MOOLA and business end of things.

This is the best CP community around!  Be proud of who you are and your love of these very unique and special plants.

THANK YOU!!!!!

PAK (no longer "tioneer"...I'm laying down the gavel!)  Whew!!

Very good all. I must say an excellent outcome, more than I expected.

Joe

Woot! WTG All!

Party at Caspers house hehe

T

Hey yeah!! That'll buy a lot of iced tea and popcorn. hehe
smile_m_32.gif

Great job! This must have involved (and will still involve) a lot of planning and work, so kudos to all involved!

w00t for us!!!

We may be poor plant growers, but when we combine forces we become... slightly less poor plant growers!
biggrin.gif

I think this is one of the best things to happen to the community for a while. How often is it we get the opportunity to both get new plants AND have the proceeds go directly to CP conservation (as opposed to the clutches of Lowe's, noble though our expeditions there may be). I feel great that I was able to contribute to this (not too much though, have to watch my expenses, after all).

For those of us who missed the end of the auctions - is there a location to see who won what auction, etc. If I won I need to send payment but I do not know what auctions I may have won.

Cheers

Well, not to shabby for a bunch of yahoos ,lol! What are a few of the tasks that need to be completed with the funds?

First order of business is getting incorporated and getting not for profit status. That alone can cost anywhere between $500 - $1,500. There are a few ideas floating around about the next few steps.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pthiel @ June 22 2004,9:34)]For those of us who missed the end of the auctions - is there a location to see who won what auction, etc. If I won I need to send payment but I do not know what auctions I may have won.
pete,
you can check out the auction forum (click here) to see if you were the high bidder.

peace,
tech...

Thank you sir..

Cheers

Back