What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

auction idea

I am thinking about doing an auction on another cp forum... the prize would be something rare like a hamata or adrian slack. Everyone would buy one or more tickets valued at 10 dollars and I would do a drawing to see who wins... can i do this?

A raffle for a prize benefitting yourself or donating the proceeds to someone/somewhere??

That'd be a raffle, not an auction. And so long as it's OK with said forum's rules, I don't see why not. Why are you asking here though? I would think the place to ask would be at the forum where you'll be holding the event... o_O
~Joe

Probably just to make sure it was alright. :)

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

From lots of different people. I say sure.

If the proceeds go to you for profit, I think this could be considered online gambling.

The reason I think this is because if you change just a few words in the description, you get the definition of a lottery.

Raffle,
Hey I got a hamata worth 100, I am going to sell 20 tickets at 10 bucks each. The winner gets the hamata.

Lottery,
Hey I got a hundred dollar prize, I am going to sell 20 tickets at 10 bucks each. The winner gets the 100 bucks.

But, I am no expert. Just my two cents.

i was thinking though that maybe that could be like a way of fundraising for NASC so people could get like a chance to win something big

Sounds like an intriguing idea, but 10$ for the mere /chance/ of getting a plant sounds a bit steep.

Last edited:
Back