What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATTN ALL IN EAST TENNESSEE-Dogs need your help

• Thread starter ilbasso
  • Start date
I saw this on Facebook posted by a well known animal rescue group called Rescue Ink (check them out if you don't know of them-awesome group). There is a pic of a beagle mix looking dog with a number 500 on its side and the following notice was put forth. I don't know how valid it is, but this is a VERY reputable group that is posting this:

Rescue Ink Action Alert!!! East Tennessee.

Lucky 500 has been freeze branded with the #500 on each side of her. This is allegedly part of a hunting game. Whoever shoots her gets 500 points. She was picked up as a stray by local AC. These people must be stopped, This game must stop..

Rescue Ink has guys on the ground in East Tennessee. Looking into this.. Rescue Ink wants the people in East... Tennessee to know what this is about and to get the word out. So when people see these animals they will be picked up off the street fast.

There is a $2,000 Reward leading to the capture of the people responsible for this crime. Now they are the ones being Hunted..

Anyone with any information can call Rescue Ink on the Emergency # 1-855-772-8465See More

wow thats a shame. :( I lose faith in humanity when i see things like this.

I lose faith in humanity when i see things like this.

I did a long time ago. If only this was the worst that humans were capable of doing. Sadly, it is not by A LONG SHOT...

If this is true, it's very sad. Will certainly spread the word.

I want to see these monsters caged. :( What kind of person would do this?

I will definitely keep an eye out for this dog and an ear open for anyone talking about this.

I work at a dog shelter, and we were taliking about this..it is apparently true from what I've heard.

I am not surprised in the least that people do this. I have 6 dogs that were abandoned by dirt bags too irresponsible to take care them. People all around here fight chickens and it is OK. People run over animals for sport the law doesn't care. I have called multiple times but if they don't catch them in the act they don't care. Even then I doubt they would do anything. It is the hillbilly assbackward culture here to exploit and destroy everything around them. I have had dogs shot. Land and fences tore up. Property turned into a garbage dump. They trespass on destroy the nature preserve bordering my property with four wheelers. Litter and dump garbage everywhere.... It infuriates me to the point of planning to move back north. This case might get more media attention but this type of abuse is hardly an isolated case in many poor rural areas.

Back