What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attn:  xbox owners!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
If you own a xbox check the bottom for the manufacture date. If it is before October 23, 2003, you need a new cord. Apparently extended play time is causing them to melt sometimes burning people, carpet, and such. Microsoft will send you a new one at no cost. See www.xbox.com on the right hand side for details and to order a new cord. Mine was included in this recall....
Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Apparently extended play time is causing them to melt sometimes burning people, carpet, and such.

Hey!! I remember that happening to my Atari a bunch of years back! My brothers burnt out the colour chord, so everything was black and white from then on. LOL. It does take rather "extensive" use though... Some people just never learn.
confused.gif
smile_m_32.gif

new cord is on the way... i don't think its anything serious, mine has stayed on days on end...

Got my cord today... Kinda strange. Has some built in cut off... Where if it "notices" a strange (too much?) draw it will trip and remove power so you got to reset it... Seams to me they are using this to fix a problem with the Xbox instead of recalling the xboxes. It had better not turn off when i'm in the middle of something......
Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Feb. 24 2005,6:10)]Got my cord today...  Kinda strange.  Has some built in cut off...  Where if it "notices" a strange (too much?) draw it will trip and remove power so you got to reset it...  Seams to me they are using this to fix a problem with the Xbox instead of recalling the xboxes.  It had better not turn off when i'm in the middle of something......  
Andrew
Yes, for some the boxes crash a ton and they can't get far into games
smile_h_32.gif

Always can keep the old chord.
smile_m_32.gif
Thats what I'd to.

Sundoode, not the game crashing.... The xbox pulling to much power so the new cord cuts off the power...
NepG, I did.
smile.gif
I recently changed the RCA plugs to a High Def adapter too... So I kept that also. So now I have the basic adapter and a power cord to take the xbox to friends houses easier.
smile.gif
but with it hooked up to high def video and optical 5.1 sound here... I'm NOT too sure I'd wanna take it somewhere else to play.
confused.gif
hehe

lol! Can i get one of them High def things for a PS2 as well? THe digital optical thingy on the back I'd like to use to, but I've never seen one hooked up to a TV via high def or the opitcal deal.

I don't know if they are availabel for PS2... On Xbox, the plug is very changeable to anything you may possibly need.... The optical connection is used for sound... Generally as far as I know, tvs don't have a in for this. Mine goes to my home reciever where it goes to my 5.1 home audio system. And it is awesome! Hehe, with halo2 I can hear the monsters arround the corner and stuff... Scarry as heck when they come up from behind and you have the sound up!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Andrew

Edit: I guess they do have it available.... I just found this on a search:
eXtra Grade Gold PS2 component AV Pro Cable
New product! for PS2, this Gold finish component AV Cable is the High Definition YPbPr Component signal supports, provides an excellent picture quality for all PS2 users. The cable supports 480p, 720i and 1080i and is a great alternative to the official High Definition Pack. Connect your PS2 console to your TV or receiver with component AV compatible input. Offers high picture quality. The cable length is 9 feet to meet large screen sized TV application.

AH I see, the optical port is for the "good" sound.
smile_m_32.gif
Must be what my friend up the road has, he has a DVD player with special features, and he must use the optical port to use the Dolby Prologic II sound on the DVD center I'm assuming.

Must look into the highdef sometime regardless!
smile.gif

Actually I think optical is "best" sound... with componet being "good".
Andrew

Back