What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Artificial lighting

G

My friend just bought a condo and he wants to grow one CP (he hasn't decided which one). My question is, what can he do for lighting. Our natural daylight will soon be down to 4 or 5 hours a day so artificial light is needed. A shoplight fixture is out of the question because of the size, etc. Any ideas on what to do for one small plant?
Thanks,
Bonnie

What kind of plant is it? I think most do fine with a floresent light of some kind, or a small plant light from a hobby/garden shop

or, he can get one that sleeps in the winter
smile.gif

All he needs is a fluorescent bulb that screws into regular incandescent type fixtures. He can find one with low wattage. I have one that only uses 14 watts, but I'm sure he can find even lower wattages. BTW, I also use a reflector to direct the light to where I need it.

Tin foil is a good example.

travis

Thanks guys =) I have mylar for the reflective background.. I just wasn't sure if a small light would put out enough light for a CP. Looks like he's going to get a Nep hybrid..

smile.gif
from Cook's? I think those are on their "free" list.

No.. no offense to anybody but I'll never ever buy from Cooks again.

Darcie,
I don't believe Cook's has neps on his "giveaway" list, he's got vft's and Sarrs. I had a good experience with Dean, but I've only done business with him once. Your mileage may vary.
wink.gif

Back