What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Article on CP Roots

• Thread starter Michael
  • Start date
Wow! That was interesting info. Thanks, Mike!
smile.gif

Okay...I have to fess up...I didn't just happen across it. I saw the reference for it in an article on roots in the latest issue of the CPN.  Then by the magic of Google...voila'
smile.gif

Micheal The link doesn't bring me to the article. What is the name of it? I would like to read it. Thanks

It just brings up the front page of springerlink, home.
smile.gif

Hi Josh & Jason-for some reason it's working for some but not others--odd. BUT, there is another way to get it that works too for free... I just tried it again, and it worked.
1. At www.scholar.google.com type: Adlassnig The roots of carnivorous plants
2. The link to the article should be showing at this point--click on that link
3. You'll be taken to the journal webpage for the article--somewhere on the bottom right of the page should be a button that reads: Open Full Text. Hit the button and you should be taken to the article--you will need acrobat reader for it to open.

Happy Trails and Good Reading!  Mike

I decided to link it to the page where one can open the full text. People need Acrobat Adobe to read the article. Very enlightening, especially about Darlingtonia and metals. Thank you providing the article.

Open Full Text link

LOL  Jim scott yours is doing the same thing Micheals did.  I will go michea way to se if I can find it.
smile_n_32.gif

worked well for me, just downloaded it for perusal later as it seems pretty "in depth" (roots-in-depth??? oh well, it was funny for less time than it took to type)

I even did a preview before posting. Weird. Anyways, I didn't know that D. rotundifolia eats pollen.

I saved a copy of it too,but I had to get there through Micheals way. Maybe it can be uploaded and put onto a sticky for members to find easy?? what I was able to read this morning was very interesting and I plan on reading the entire thing. I was just too tired this AM.

Sounds interesting, but I dont wanna download any thing..
confused.gif

Pollen Has some kind of nutience im sure... I know thats what bee's use for food, So its not really a suprise.

Cheers

Back