What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are these seeds?

Hi!

My sundew gave me my first batch of seeds this morning. I just wanted to ask... did it actually give me seeds, or just dead bits of flower? they're so tiny... they look like the hairs you get in the sink after shaving.
I put them on lined paper and took a photo.
Thanks for your help.
sundew-seeds.jpg

They certainly are seeds.

Sean.

Wow, nice pic! I too was surprised at the incredibly small size of the seeds when I harvested mine. Out of curiousity, what species are those?

SF

I don't have a clue what species it is! I've only had it a few months, and only bought it because it was realy pretty, and had a lot of fruit flies all over it in the shop (it's caught more flies than anything else I've ever seen)

If anyone could tell me what I've got, I'd be most gratefull:

Sundew-in-flower.jpg

I know it's a bad pic of the plant: I just wanted to get one while it was in flower (they only lasted a few hours)

I agree, it's a Capensis. If only my seedlings would grow that large! The Sarr looks like a S. Catesbaei (a cross between flava and purpurea), IMHO, we'll see what other say.

Back