What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are there any CPs suitable for a bright office environment?

Hi,

I successfully grow a Sansevieria trifasciata on my office desk. It's a brightly lit office with a four tube 4ft flourescent fitting directly above my desk. Are there any CPs that would be suitable for growing in such an office environment? Whilst bright, I guess that to a plant it would be low light, so I'd be looking for a 'low light' species.

Thanks,

Carl

Pinguicula: Moranensis, Agnata, Moctazumae(?), Primuiflora
Drosera: Adelae, Aliciae, Spatulata, potentially Capensis "alba"
Nepenthes: Ampullaria, Ventrata, Ventricosa, Khanisana
Cephalotus (but may need a humidity dome)

Pinguicula: Moranensis, Agnata, Moctazumae(?), Primuiflora
Drosera: Adelae, Aliciae, Spatulata, potentially Capensis "alba"
Nepenthes: Ampullaria, Ventrata, Ventricosa, Khanisana
Cephalotus (but may need a humidity dome)
Thanks... I have a few of the suggested plants so might give one of them a try. Ampullaria would do no good though, as the humidity is far too low. Cephalotus don't need increased humidity.

Depending on your office, in addition to the low light & humidity, many buildings turn the lights off on weekends. Five days of light & two without doesn't make for happy growing ....

I tried growing vfts and capensis under lights in my office, they didn't grow well. I had the light on a timer so they got plenty of light, even on weekends. Must be a humidity issue.

Back