What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aquatic Utric

Hi, I was wondering what florida native aquatic utricularia has red flowers? I heard from a non-cper who has seen both red and yellow flowered aquatic utrics in swamps in her area.
Thanks,
Peter

There are no known red flowered aquatic species. Perhaps she mistook the purple of U. purpurea for a shade of red.

To the best of my knowledge the only red flowering Utricularia are the rare and prized U. campbelliana from Brasil, and Utricularia menziesii from Australia.

How about U. quelchii?

Giles

Are you offering it to me?!!!, why thank you very much!! You are right, this is another red flowered species (although I think there are different colored clones), but it is isn't aquatic so I am only 1/16th wrong, or thereabouts
smile.gif

Tamlin,
Not quite sure how you worked out that math(s), but unfortunately I don't have U. quelchii. I do know someone in England with an enormous clump, but haven't managed to persuade him to relinquish some as yet.

Giles

I think plant in question in Florida is likely U. resupinata. This plant grows as a sub-affixed and has deep pink flowers.

Giles,

I guess you need to sign up for my Course: Begging 401. Still, it's nice to know there is a huge clump of U. quelchii somewhere just waiting for me.....errr, us!

(It's probably Stefan. lol.)

Back