What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aquatic Utric

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast

This is NOT supposed to be U. gibba or U. macrohiza.

I could see it being U. vulgaris but it would help if the flower were fully-developed. Do you have a photo of the main part of the plant?

Could be U.australis. I agree with Mark though, a pic of a fully opened flower would help.

It's a little more open today:

I hate to tell you, Jim, but that looks a lot like U. gibba to me.

Yup. Flower looks more like U.gibba now and traps definitely look like U.gibba. I'd say you've got U.gibba there.

I'm curious to know what it was supposed to be. I think you only told us what it wasn't, and I'm curious.

How deep is the water you keep them in? I'm curious since I've heard that it only flowers in shallow water.

My U.Gibba, Aurea and stellaris all flower in the pond and it is never below the 50cm deep mark, so I guess they don't care if its shallow, in saying this they won't flower unless their in a dense mass in deep water, but as single plants they will all flower in 1-2cm water, so maybe the dense colony tricks the plant, or maybe they just need the support to flower?

My plants are pretty dense. They have been in the tank for several months. Maybe they need natural light and higher water temperatures, like Aldrovanda.

Back