What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

April in November

It's almost 60 now and the temperature is supposed to stay in the 50s tonight and tomorrow, while we get an inch or more of rain.  So all the Neps and orchids are outside for a 24 hour vacation from the lousy growing conditions they endure in my house.  Then the cold weather returns tomorrow night, just in time for December.

Its quite warm here as well...60s. Nights mid to high 50s. But I don't think its supposed to last much longer. I'm grateful since I haven't turned my heat on yet.

The squirrels are making the most of the pecan tree.

dang you ppl, its chilly here, went from 60 degrees on Saturday, to 6 inches of snow on Sunday morning and its still snowing.................

Its quite warm here as well.
Temperatures jump around a lot, dont they eh?
I hate this climate lol
smile.gif

it snowed from sunday evening to..early this morning. i havent have school since last tuesday and dont have school tommorow..lol.

bad news is..our cows got all over the place. two of my cats of missing. lots of pheasents have been killed by the storm. and..many drifts over 15ft.

thanks

BRad

Can you belive im actualy seeing tulip and crocus bulbs sending out leafs...
confused.gif
i'd love to show pics but i only have a web cam...

Geeze Brad, you got the brunt of the storm thats dusting us. saw a bunch of stuff on the Denver station about you guys in SD

All our snow melted yesterday due to ice rain and warmer temps for the day and night but then this morn i woke up with a high pressure headache and sure enough it got very cold again and now its snowing again, very wierd weather this winter.. This wierd stuff plays havoc on me due to the ups and down of pressure and cold warm back and forth i have bad arthritis and im like a human beromitor, its not fun to be in pain swell in your joints befour the bad weather hits but it lets me know we are in for something..
smile_l_32.gif

The other week it was 78 degrees, and then 48 degrees the same time the very next day.
confused.gif

ya...we got nailed pretty bad..we dont have school tommorow either bc i guess the school is still buried. lol...8 days of thanksgiving vacation so far..lol...

thanks

Brad

It continues warm here. Last nite we had emergency broadcast warnings over the radio and TV for severe thunderstorms and tornadoes. Such strange weather. And also there are still leaves on the trees and some trees are still totally green. I don't think I've seen that before this late into fall.

We stayed around 60 all night and most of the day, but it's down to the mid 40's already.  After getting back up into the 40's tomorrow, we're supposed to stay in the 30's or lower for the next several days.  But my plants soaked up the weather during their 24 hours outside and look great.  I keep an eye out for a warm, rainy night this time of year and get those plants back out whenever possible.

woooow a frost last night killed my mangolia vine...

Cold cold and more cold, freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, more snow on the way, Ahhhh who cares im hibernating right now anyways.. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell no one that... LOL!!!
smile_n_32.gif

I live in California! Cool, but not cold (at least in the daytime).

Back