What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aphyosemion australe

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Here are 2 pics of the 1 male Aphyosemion australe which I finally picked up for another fish enthusiast last weekend.
I got 2 pairs.
I'm hopeing to breed them again. It has been around 20 years since I've had and bred them.

post-22-1116724111.jpg

post-22-1116724172.jpg

Looks a lot like Pesiolino's avatar. Beautiful panchax / killy!

Thanks Scott.

Wow, those guys are real cuties. How much effort did you put forth when you used to breed them? I've read they can be kept as pairs in something as small as a bowl - do they need more space than that to breed?
~Joe

Beautiful photos-excellent fish
smile.gif
! What is your method of breeding these guys? Are these guys egg eaters? I'm pretty sure one of the splendopleure females I've got is eating the eggs. A few that I've managed to get were probably infertile so fungused after a day or so.

A lot of people keeping killies, not to sell, will keep them in a 10 gallon tank with live plants and some Java Moss and just let the fish do there thing.
People that are out to sell them usually make the spawning mops and pick the eggs every day or so.
I have the 2 pair in my 40 gallon planted tank. I'm getting rid of the other fish I have in there and just keeping the killies. I will not be doing anything special for them. The young fry will hide in the plants and some will make it to adulthood.

Back