What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aphids?

Hey does anybody know how I got aphids? My venus fly trap was in a terrerium, with no other plants and the closest plant was in another room. ??

NoFear,
Aphids could have come in from outside by any number of ways. Through a screen or clinging to clothing. I found one on my T-shirt the other day. My sundew thought it was delicious!
smile.gif
. It only takes one aphid to start a whole mess of aphids. They don't have to mate to have young (parthenogenesis). So one aphid can create a whole bunch.

Go find some lady bugs and let them do the work... Just don't let them get eaten too... until they are done at least!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif
wow.gif
wink.gif

- Brett

You can take a flea collar, wrap it in a plastic baggie to make sure that it doesn't touch the soil..

Like a sandwhich bagige with the top open.

Then place it in the tank by the plant.

Or if the plant is in a pot, you can take it out and put it in water over night.

malathion (sp) diluted down some will work too...but I would try the 1st 2 b4 the last.

Back