What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone want to school me up on passion flowers........

dont think i can even get maypops to live here outside year round but i would like to grow some oas house plants..........what species/hybrids/whatever do yah recommend for fresh eating......any pointers as fas as care as house plants?

I believe only edulis is edible. Grows easy enough for me and can even take light freezes. But give it something to climb cause it'll go everywhere.

incarnata is edible (also known as Maypops) i know several hybrids are supposed to be edible too

also interested on how easy they are to start from seed................

I know they are a weed here. I've made tea from the leaves before. Not tasty. The fruit wasn't tasty, either.

Ahhh!! Passionflowers! Quite a few are edible but P. edulis is the usually the commercially grown variety.

P. incarnata is the only US native plant and the fruit is good. Mine is coming up now.

I have quite a few passiflora including P. foetida, the one that's listed as possibly carnivorous. Very aptly named.

I love passionflowers. :)

Garden web is stupid, horrible, disgusting. You cant link this website from their.

Its sick, and horrible. Just sick.

I agree about the GW management and that's why I don't often point anyone in that direction. Other than to grab that link, I haven't visited GW in a long time. But some of the forums (not its lame CP forum) are pretty informative. Just don't make a habit of it kids.

Back