What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone living in la?

An1matr0n1k

Brandon
anyone go to the lacps meetings?

I go. I'm going there. Gonna give away an Adelae, have a bog to pick up. Why?

just wondering im going to start going. are there alot of people that go? are there alot of plants for sale?

Yes and yes. I'm going to be giving away some divisions there, if you want any. There are raffles and discussions and stuff. Not as fun as the NCPS (or was it ICPS?), but it's close.

what stuff are you bringing? and where is that other meeting?

I think it was in San Diego or something last time. Google it.
I'm bringing a Ping Agnata, Primuflora, some VFTs, and maybe a few rare plant cuttings. Like ceph leaves.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

"Carnivora and the Hortus botanicus Leiden are proud to host the 2010 International Carnivorous Plant Society Conference in Leiden, The Netherlands. The conference will take place in and around (walking distance) the botanical garden, located in the heart of historical Leiden. The conference will be held from the 6th up to and including the 8th of August 2010, while the 9th and 10th of August are reserved for (optional) excursions. The conference will be accompanied by plant sales (during the conference with International sellers) and an educational exhibition from the 6th till the 16th of August. Information can be found on the Carnivora website: www.carnivora.nl in a special section which will be available from July 2009 by clicking the button on the homepage. The website will start with general information on the botanical gardens, information on places to stay and what else to see and other useful travel info. Registration will also be done on the website, this will start when the excursions program and the basic list of lectures are ready. The expectation is that this will be from around October 2009.We hope you will be able to join us in The Netherlands."-ICPS

oooo are ceph cuttings easy to sprout?

No. In fact, they're extremely hard. I might start it off, so the person has a guaranteed Ceph.

No. In fact, they're extremely hard. I might start it off, so the person has a guaranteed Ceph.

I have found them to be no harder than rooting Nep cuttings.... :crazy: ..... they just take a while to strike when I tried.

The next meeting is at the Huntington. There are usually less plants because of the hassles involved (distance from parking, security) but there should be some for trade/sale.

I want to get a count of how many people will attend this year beforehand. There will be a sign-up sheet in the database section of the LACPS Yahoo group. I'll get it set up today or tomorrow.

PS: How do you guarantee a Cephalotus? Are not the only sure things in life death and taxes?

I think I'm going to the August LACPS meet (driving up) and I'll bring a pile of stuff to give away I think.

Back