What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know a simple Mp3 to WMA converter?

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I'd like to convert about 700-800 Mb's of Mp3's (mostly techno hehe) to WMA format, because please correct me if i'm mistaken, they are a lot smaller, yes? I'd like to do this to have more space for pics and video on my measly 1 gig stick.

If anyone knows a really user-friendly (and free! Or atleast a free-trial version) Mp3-WMA converter, please let me know!

Thanks,

Clint

yea!!!

ill burn you a copy of a sweet media thing, its totally free. Its called Creative, you can record, rip into several formats, and do all sorts of fun stuff if you don't want hard copy's i can find you free stuff of the net if you would rather.

Well... here's the catch lol. I need to be able to drag and drop EVERYTHING at once because it would take too long to do each song individually.

I'm trying something I found on download.com. Hopefully it'll work :)

I haven't had a problem with this you just pretty much highlight it all with a click and scroll catch thingy (like when you're on desk top, and it highlights the icons) and then right click rip... simple as that! IF your free ware works fine for you thats great if you would like a burnt copy of this different program let me know.

You can try CDex, http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

Just put all the files you want to convert into a folder, set the default encoder to Microsoft WMA, set the default conversion settings, set a default output folder, pick the reencode compressed audio files from the convert menu, point it to your folder of mp3 files and click convert and away you go.

Freeware.

I'd read up on formats before you go through the trouble of changing your whole library. See the "Sound Quality" section here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_Audio

You might want to look into M4A. It's used in podcasts a lot. Since the mpeg-4 video codec is vastly better than the mpeg-1 video codec, you'd think the difference between mpeg-4 audio and mpeg-1 audio might be comparable, but I don't really know for sure.

MP3 stands for "mpeg-1 layer 3"... not "mpeg-3". So, yeah, the format is pretty old school at this point.

Oh crap, didn't know the sound quality could be bad! Thanks EP!

I would use M4A but by PSP doesn't support it :(

Looks like it's time to invest in a 4 gig stick!

Back