What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here have Frilled Lizards?

I'm going to the reptile show Sunday and have been doing some reading & you tubing on Frilled Lizards (Chlamydosaurus kingii) for the last week or so and I think I'd like to get one or two if they have them available and feeding so I know they'll eat. They aren't as small mammal dependent as I had imagined and appear to be generally insectivorous. I do have a lot of roaches to feed off with my older nymphs maturing now into meaty 2" dubias and soon hissers that will be huge and amassing their own hordes. So insects is no problem and supposedly they'll eat some veggies and fruits too (some say they will, some say they won't).

Anyway, I'm hoping someone who has a frilled dragon or two can either dissuade me if I need to be put off of the idea or tell me what it's like to own them. What you like about them, and what you don't like about them. Are captive bred ones easily handleable? Some videos show people holding them and allowing them to wander the room a while and they aren't freaking out and frilling up so I assume they can potentially become calm after they "get to know you" as the food source.

A nice large naturalistic woodland vivarium with "tree trunks", sturdy live plants and a swimming pool would be a whole lot of fun to put together for them to mature in.

Try member Frilleon, he has one.

Back