What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here a Board Pusher?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I love that name, it's almost illegal! :D

Board Pusher is a factory who produces custom art skateboards and also has a deal setup for artists to create shops of their own collectible art decks or riding decks to be printed on demand when someone wants one.

The artist retains all copyrights and gets a monthly check for how many decks your shop sells. Full color photo / art decks are produced at $45 each so whatever price you put on your decks over that is your take home $ (sell for $55 you'll make $10). Board Pusher prints, packs & ships the decks to the customers. I think this is a awesome idea for people interested in creating skateboard art but aren't interested in actually screen printing their own decks, which is not easy / clean / fun I've done it!

A link to Board Pusher shop info is here:

http://www.boardpusher.com/Bp/sell/

Anyway, is anyone else here doing it? I'm thinking about it, some of the shops that are already up are really impressive!

For only $5 a month/$50 a year to setup a shop I think it'd be worth giving a try since there's no limit on how many deck designs you can upload.

i made a deck via this. Just a single one though. Its fun to play with!

Great! Mind if I ask a few questions about your experience?

Did you upload your own art (.jpg) or did you use the "create" thing and use their clip art?

Have you got a pic of the deck? Are you pleased with the printing, anything you'd do differently if you made another?

Is it a good deck for actual use or rather just good for displaying the art?

Would someone into skating ride the deck if they bought it or are they low quality in the performance area?

I've never seen these new "thermal heat transfer" art boards my actual skate days were confined to 84-93 or so (as Zorlac Skates faded out so did I). Is this new imaging just like a giant sticker over the board and under a laminate or is it still printed on the surface of the wood? What does it look like if someone grinds this type of deck art?

yeah, i uploaded a pic of a VFT with a logo. Ill see if i have one, i actually made it for a prize in a sweepstakes.

I thought it was fine. MY only complaint was that since my image was rectangular, i could make it fill the board, so there was some regular wood showing. Maybe contact them to fix that.

I only rode it once to make sure it was decent. I used Abec trucks. It was fine. Im an old-school longboarder, so this is a longboard im talking about. I love longboard surfing, and this was the next best thing haha. Im an old school everything really...

Im pretty sure thats exactly it haha. It would probably get a little tattered, like any other board.

Hope this helps!
Frankie

Thanks for all your input man! It'll be hard not to buy one each of all my own boards! I'm sure I could easily create more than I can afford to buy! lol!

I wish they did custom pool boards cos that's what Zorlac did. A custom shape with each Pushead design. I like the big floppy pool board - 10.5" x 36"(?) oh yeah! I wonder if I could even fit on one of these new fangled 8" ers?:D

As far as the image clipping and wood showing, did you design it in Photoshop to the down loadable layout specs for full bleed and it still came out clipped? That would be lame indeed! :(

I built my own press and make em myself, haha. The boards, not the art.

I've done that in the past. Def. the cheapest way to go if you don't screw any up. Deck misprints are even more expensive than tees! For a while I was screening decks and tee shirts (Graphic Arts class was good for teaching me one thing) but it's a lot of mess that I don't have place to setup and store anymore.

I could just see my two cats jumping into the inked screens and then running all over the house, stepping on the drying decks, my bed, the couch, the bathtub...!

One thing I've noticed is that nobody prints deck TOP graphics anymore, does everyone simply cover the whole top in griptape? We used to leave the top logo sticking out and cut our tape into shapes or paint designs on it with acrylics.

Couldn't you use clear grip tape. It's harder to find....

skaters unite!

You can make your own clear grip with polycrylic and a paint aggregate called Tread Tex.

Obregon, I've been gathering info in prep for designing my first decks and they do have the old school deck sizes yay! But their printing technology only handles 9" x 33" max size which means it gets cut off on the edges of the wide old school decks - drat! For some insane reason WHITE is not even an available color for the old school dimension decks (??) but is fine on the 8" ones... Whaa?? But I guess it's good to know this ahead of time so it can be worked around.

Anyway. I just thought I'd let you know about the clipping that had occurred on your deck and why I think it happened (9 x 33 limit)

I enjoyed cutting out grip tape designs with an Xacto. Made it easy to ID a deck by the top.

I'm just surprised no deck printers do the company logo on top anymore. So now they make the company logo the basis of the design on the bottom. This blows, that's merely like "brand name worship" which I f'in hate! I intend to have interesting or fun individual art on each deck with the logo hidden somewhere in the art if appearing at all.

None of this 10 of the same brand logo decks in diff. colors BS that seems to be dominating deck "art" lately... :nono:

Back