What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have n. truncata "reddish leaves"

I've seen a form of truncata offered on some websites that says it has reddish/orange leaves anyone have one and if so you have a pic and some explanations about it? It interests me to maybe get one as truncata is one of my favs...

I think that would be the highland variety... but I'm not completely sure. It might assist your search at least.

thats what I was thinking until I saw then seperatly listed, so I know that its a LL variety, plus a member just posted a awesomely beautiful picture of one.... I really need to get one..
laugh.gif

Jess:

Yes, these pix were partly in response to your enquiry.

I'm not so certain that this plant has its origins in the lowlands. It is quite different from the rather "hairless" jolly green giants that are in general cultivation. The pitchers also tend to be less bulbous towards the base, and the peristome is much more flared than standard issue.

Great plant - needs a lot of room to stretch.

SJ

Back