What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone grow lecanopteris?

i recieved Lecanopteris pumila as part of a trade. ive read the stuff on Wistubas website. im looking for other growers to hear their experiances with these ant ferns.

I grow four species of Leconopteris; pumila, luzonensis, crustacea and curtisii.

They grow very well for me in straight LFS. I grow them with the CP collection. They seem to do real well in trays.

Steve

cool, how big are yours? mine is a lil guy yet in a 2 inch pot. may i ask where you got yours? i got mine from Harry Witmore at Cloud Jungle Epiphytes. i was thinking of ordering from Wistuba but Harry said he has had real poor luck with Lecanopteris from there and had purchased this one from another private grower. i also got a few more ant plants from him, a Hydnophytum formicarum and several Dischidia cuttings. info on Lecanopteris seems about as hard to find as the ferns themselves.

Rattler,
Did you get the stuff i sent you? I am still not finding much but, I also don't have access to alot of documents that require an institute backing. Pyro os the like could get stuff like that I'm sure but they are usually busy people.

Joe

yep, i got it. thats basically why i was looking for personal experiance with the Genus, not much else is availible. thanks for the effort Joe.

Did you ask Harry about his plants? I know he has quite an area.

Joe

yep, ive got Harrys input. basically mirrors everyone elses. for such cool plants there is minimal info on them.

I am surprised how little there is too. I dunno man. I'll let ya know of anything else i run across.

Joe

Hi,

I grow L. sinuosa and N. lemaroides, both originating from Wistuba (got them from other growers as cuttings). Both are growing on top of two of my Nepenthes pots in my highland setup. They are fed with Osmocote and they are doing well there without special treatment.

Joachim

Back