What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone grow ceropegia?

Hey all. I'm just wondering which Ceropegias are pretty easy and do well either in normal home conditions, outside conditions or highland nepenthes terrariums. Thanks.

-D. Lybrand

I've seen several other similar sites but none have anything but "C. woodii is easy" and woodii is a kind of boring plant for the genus. I was wondering what kind of plants other people started with or found were very vigorous. Thanks though.

-D. Lybrand

I grow Ceropegia stapeliformis. Very easy, it's kind of a vine and needs to be able to climb. Otherwise it'll just flop around. The flowers aren't as impressive as the ones I see on the net. But still interesting.

I grow c. armandii - that is a bit more difficult, but not much - needs 5oC+.

BR
Chris

Thanks, guys. What kind of soil do you use and where do you grow your plants? I have found several vendors with lots of Ceropegia varieties and a few informational sites but nothing like CP sources.

-D. Lybrand

Ceropegia multiflora tentaculata is a good, easy geophytic species for windowsill or outside in the summer growing. It needs a dry dormancy. C. sandersonii is similar but has thicker vines and more impressive flowers that look like little parachutes.

dlybrand, Very cool plants, I think I might get some :p

-Jc

Back