What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else?

• Thread starter Copper
  • Start date
My husband and I use the same computer, but we have separate log ins.  Under my login I have this site as my homepage.  I tried to get on the internet, but the page just shuts down.  We changed the homepage and it works, so it appears to be the site.  It's not.  I can get to this site on any other computer and on his log in on the same computer.  I think that something attached itself to my homepage when this site was my homepage and this thing (virus properly) causes the internet to immediately shut upon opening the homepage.

Anyone hear of something like this?

What antivirus software do you use?You could also scan for spyware(adaware,spybot) if antivirus shows nothing.My 2cents.Also you could try using another browser(firefoxmozilla) as I have problems editing my website with internet explorer.

Jerry

I have tried our Macaffie, Manchanic (+spydestroyer), and adaware. I will try our spybot tonight. Nothing has helped and a virus has not been found, but neither has a software failure. Something is there, but I can not find it yet.

What's the home page you are trying to reach? Perhaps it'll mess up for someone else too....
Andrew

Copper there are some nasty new hijackers out there than can really screw up a PC, you should try a program called hijackthis, you can search and find it on google, that helps. Also, if you can turn off autorecovery, that helps too, one sure tip off that a piece of spyware is using autorecovery, is if you have to keep downloading the same 'definitions' over and over, for instance updating adaware, if you download new definitions and run and clean your PC, then the next day, do it again and your definitions are sitll out of date, then the spyware is litterally using your systems self backup features to restore itself. Running all these goodies like adaware, spybot, and hijack this, in SAFEMODE helps as well.

Sadly, some of the jerks out there have made some stuff that is really really hard to remove, I gave up on one toolbar that latched on to my wifes PC and rebuilt her software load from scratch.. very annoying.

Thanks Rampuppy. I will get the hijackthis. I am sure it is something like that. Andrew it is the forum page and I can get to it on any other computer of login than mine. I even cleaned out all of the cookies and History and nothing helped. It is very frustrating. I am again starting to work in computer programming. I need to learn the newest langauges. My one desire is to create a program that will instantly turn on a virus program, trace the program back to its roots and when it reaches the originating computer it will BLOW IT TO SMITHERINES!!!! or at least melt its hard drive
mad.gif

Back