What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone else run into this?

couple weeks ago i bought another Lowes little cube with flytraps-cobra lilys that are doing well unlike the other half dead ones i bought there, and there is a nice dew growing very tight into the lily - now there is no way for me to remove the dew - first i don't want to hurt my first lily that is doing great and was healthy when i got it. plus i bet the roots are all tangled together and i would end up hurting the dew. so just curious if the dew would grow back when dormancy was over after acouple months? its to bad its my best looking dew from lowes but my others are coming back very strong
smile.gif

Hello,
I got 3 of those exact cp cubes from lowes
biggrin.gif
the sundew is drosera adelae. it is a tropical sundew, and cannot have dormancy. you should separate all the plants, putting the vft and cobra lily into dormancy, and putting more soil into the terrarium and leaving the adelae in. it is fine if the adelae looses the roots, if you can collect any broken off roots form it, they will generate new plants
biggrin.gif

yeah i know it doesn't need dormancy - but was just wondering if it would come back some how - yeah i'm not about to mess around with the other plants in fear of harming them

Back