What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody in NY...HOT cars!

Hi everyone -
On May 15th, my friends and I will be hosting a great charity event in Scarsdale, New York called the Scarsdale Concours. The Scarsdale Police are gunna shut down the town for our (now) annual car show where you can see Ferrari's, Aston Martins, Porsche's, really anything exotic you can imagine! The show has a recommended admission price of $10 and anybody can bid on a number of items people have put up for auction for charity. Tons of people are gunna be there and we've been covered by the local press and we just got interviewed on Sirius radio. Last year we raised over $15,000 and this year we're going for around $45,000! Anyway... I'm just looking to see if I can find anyone who wants to go next Sunday. Here's our press release:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]SCARSDALE CONCOURS 2005
PRESS RELEASE

WESTCHESTER’S PREMIER CAR SHOW SCHEDULED FOR MAY 15

Denis O’Leary III and Evan Cygler, founders of the Scarsdale Concours, will host their second annual show in Scarsdale Village on Sunday, May 15, 2005 to benefit area charities. The show will exhibit an extensive collection of exotic cars including marks such as Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Porsche and Bentley. Unlike most car shows, the event will offer spectators the opportunity to take a ride in the car of their dreams!

“Building on the success of last year, Evan and I are creating an event that everyone can enjoy and raise money for charity while we are at it” said Denis O’Leary, a 17 year old SHS junior and admitted car nut. "Last year we raised $17,300; this year we expect to raise over $40,000. Our goal is to raise over $100,000 for charity before we graduate high school.”

The event is a real community effort according to Evan Cygler, also a junior: “Once again, we are receiving great support, starting with the Scarsdale Police Department and Village Hall and including our sponsors: Wilson and Son Jewelers, Julia B. Fee Realtors, Auto Sport Designs, Miller Motorcars, Panache Magazine, Premier Financial Services, and Rand/Workman Auto Auction.” SHS students will complement volunteers from a variety of local groups in making the concours a success.

The 2004 Concours was attended by approximately one thousand people from across the tri state area. It featured ninety-five cars, including such marques as Rolls Royce, Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche and Aston Martin. Like last year, these marks will represent the core of the show. One of the more distinguishing features of the concours is its "bloodline" theme, reflecting a history of each marquee. Each street displays a different marquee in chronological order, allowing spectators a dramatic perspective of its changing design and engineering features. Last year for Aston Martin the cars ran from a DB4 GT to the current flagship, the Vanquish. Ferrari's started with a 212E and went to the Enzo, Porsche from the 356 to the 996 Turbo S, and Jaguar from a XK120 to a special edition XKR. This helped foster a fifty-year context of automotive design.

The show will open at 11 a.m. and finish at 3 p.m. Funds will be raised from voluntary admission donations, food and beverage sales, a silent auction of goods and services donated by area merchants, and entry fees. Trophies will be awarded in each class.

“Not everyone gets a chance to ride in a Ferrari, a Rolls or a Lamborghini, as cars in this show often sell for amounts reaching well over $250,000: On May 15th that will change” said Evan Cygler. “On our web site, www.scarsdaleconcours.com, and at the show itself, people will be able to bid for a ride in the car of their dreams.” At the end of the show, winning bidders will get a ride up the scenic Bronx River Parkway to the Kensico Dam and back (approx 11 miles). “It is the perfect gift for a child or spouse, or a great personal treat to yourself--and it is largely tax deductible,” added Denis O’Leary.

A dinner for owners and sponsors will be held following the show at a local venue. A small number of tickets are available to the public. The rain date for the show is May 22nd.

For any information visit our web site at www.scarsdaleconcours.com

So yea.. visit the site at Scarsdaleconcours.com and I hope some of you can come and maybe even talk about plants
smile_m_32.gif

~ Brett

Just a friendly (bump) reminder
smile.gif

It's gunna be fun!

~ Brett

Just bumping for Nrbie
smile.gif

The event occurred on May 15th and it was AWESOME. We raised over $45,000 for the United Way, Habitat for Humanity and the Kellner Family Liver Disease Foundation. We had an amazing turnout thanks to the coverage we had from the press (including a blurb from the New York Times) despite a little drizzle. The cars were truly amazing and I hope some of you can make it next year! Photos can be found on the link from the Scarsdale Concours site.

~ Brett

Back