What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody drink coffee?

I'm 35, and I never got into coffee, despite 8 years as a physics grad student, and countless all-nighters.

Caffeine doesn't seem to make me more wakeful; it merely gives me jitters, and if I consume too much, makes me nauseated.

ALL RIGHT, Herenorthere! Heinous, French Roast isn't. Delicious, it is. (Dang, I sound like Yoda!) For pokin' fun at my impeccable taste, I challenge you to a duel! Water hoses at 200 miles!!! Prepare for wetness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't drink coffee. I drink tea, that's what the warriors drink
smile_n_32.gif
and also, an apple in the morning is better at keeping you up than a cup of coffee.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wickedthistle @ May 19 2005,8:28)]"I like my sugar with coffee and cream" - Beastie Boys.

But really, I don't really like the stuff because it's too strong and bitter. Closest I'd get to the typical coffee with "stuff" added in is some good Earl Grey tea with nondairy creamer ('cause I'm sorta lactose intolerant) and sugar or honey.
Sounds like Captain Picard in front of the replicator: "Tea, Earl Grey, Hot."

I get razzed about having coffee to go with my cream and sugar.

I apologize to Bugweed for describing French Roast as heinous.  That wasn't very civil of me - I'm sure it hits the spot for people who enjoy the flavor of asphalt.  The place we buy coffee from sells dark roast Tanzanian peaberry coffee that is an awesome dark roast.  It doesn't taste like a car had parked on it.  But I think our duel will be more like 2,000 miles.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 20 2005,3:16)]I get razzed about having coffee to go with my cream and sugar.
hehe Like I said.. liquid coffee candy..

As far as all the gourmet coffees, those are pretty much wasted on me. I buy plain ol Folgers classic roast. Whenever it goes on a good sale (Ive sometimes seen the 4 lb cans on sale 4 for $10) I buy several cans and then Im good to go for quite a while.

I have a business selling the "ultimate" gourmet coffee.
At the moment I only export it to Russia but I have a new site coming on-line in the next week.

I like a little coffee with my milk
smile_n_32.gif
I basically fill a cup 1/4 full with coffee,then the rest of the way with milk,and two teaspoons of sugar.I LOVE STARBUCKS! I also like the Frapachino's.My fav right now is the Toffee Nut Frap
biggrin.gif
TunaSuprise,may I ask how you would know what "hot turd in water" tastes like??
confused.gif
My parents buy Starbucks coffee for home too so I'm happy
laugh.gif
~Niki~

Sorry Bugweed I have to agree with herenorthere on the French Roast topic... it kinda smells like a skunk...
There was a great coffee I used to drink in Columbus called "Highlander Grogg."
But since moving to Connecticut I can't find it anywhere.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning...and coffee. Don't drink coffee, though..or napalm.

I have a tall, frosty coke in the morning. and some ciggies. The Breakfast of Champions!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ May 21 2005,12:07)]I love the smell of napalm in the morning...
Refresh my memory.... What movie was that from?

Coco w/milk not water. Oh and shaken not stirred.
But in the morning when I am too lazy if availble I eat some of those New Heathy-er Chocolate Lucky Charms. And the best part: you get free chocolate milk at the end of breakfast
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Refresh my memory.... What movie was that from?

Apocolypse now!
smile.gif
Oh, and as for coffee... Meh, I'm getting more used to it. No one in my family drinks a lots, but sometimes I'll mix a little coffee mix in with some chocolate milk and add some ice- I find it quite nice. (waits to be called an infidel for using that 'freeze dried coffee' nonsense)

I like instant coffee.  It hardly tastes like coffee, but I like the flavor.  I like coffee ice cream too but don't think it tastes like coffee either.  I think I like instant because I associate the flavor with camping, fishing and the various other activities I'd be doing when I'd have it.

I heard, on NPR about 3 years ago, that the latest coffee the gourmands were drinking was coffee made from beans that had passed through the intestinal tract of civets. YUM! Finally a coffee that really does taste like.....poo.

Thank you for sharing that with us!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

No problem. My mind is filled with useless facts.

Mine too - mostly chart movement of 70's pop songs and baseball data. ne radio station used to refer to these useless facts as, "snooze news you just can't use." I don't think I will be looking at civets in quite the same way as I had.

Parts of civets are also used in making perfumes, the poor things.

I'll never smell a perfume with quite the same sneeze again! Why civets? I'll have to do a Google on "uses of civets".

Back