What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to make MS Works alphabetize a list?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Just like the title says, I'm hoping there's a way to make MS Works' Word Processor alphabetize an extensive list of names. Is there a secret button that does this or is the program not able to do this function? Anyone know of any (cheap) software that will alphabetize a list? I know I could spend the next four days doing it myself with CTRL+X, CTRL+V but well, I'm lazy! :)

Put the list in a table or a bulleted list, from the table menu pick sort.

Swords... ON MS wordperfect 10, you go to: tools, and click on Sort. That will alphabetize for you. Dunno if you have the same setup, but thats a good place to start looking.

Before I found that, I sorted out my movie list, over 500 titles, one by one using cut and paste.. what a chore that was.

Good luck.
Steve

Try putting it into an excell format! That works best for the lists then you can organize it any way you wish.

Thanks for the info guys.

Steve you know my pain then!

Nan, that option works in Word but not Works -hy they don't have that one little feature... :crazy:
I don't have MS Word, nor the disposeable $150 to get student edition of Office just for typing lists however what I did find was OfficeSuite 2008 at Walmart for $20. When i installed it, what is it? OpenOffice.org-which I coulda got for free online...
But anyway, I've got my list sorting device now so's back to typing in all these names!

Thanks again for the tips guys!

Back