What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any one In construction?

Or know where I can get a thing called Hydrostone in the US?
Its called Ytong in europe or Hydrostone. In the US its called Aerated Concrete I believe, but I cant find any place that sells it, I just need a few blocks, or slabs! Its used in construction, and all they want to do is sell me pallets of like 50-60 blocks.

If your wondering why I would like this, is My ant hobby! I use plaster, but it ends up molding! (molding because It needs moisture!) but, the hydrostone, its magical, it doesn't mold, it even absorbs water if it isn't sealed. ALSO its easy to cut, you can do it with a hand saw.

decoupe%20plaque.jpg

But its really strong, and its preaty much awesome.

salles.jpg

This is as close to you I could find.

Indiana
Old Fort Supply
Fort Wayne, 219-422-2436
<big>Product List</big> - All plasters sold in 100 lb. bags. # 1 Moulding, #1 Casting, Dental lab Plaster, HydroCal B, Ultra Cal 30, Retarder, Accelerator
<hr width="50%">
The Plaster Shack
Greenwood, 317-881-6518
<big>Product List</big> - # 1 Moulding, #1 Casting, Dental lab, Regular Dental, #1 Pottery, White HydroCal, FGR 95, HydroStone, UltraCal 30, TufCal 30 min. set

or

The Boomer Company
Warren, Michigan
Phone: 313-366-2100
Product List - #1 Molding, White Art Plaster, White Hydrocal, Hydrostone, #1 Casting Plaster, UltraCal 30, #1 Pottery

You could ask the local supplier to give your name to customers who use the stuff, with your offer to pay $x for what you need. The better that x looks, the more likely you'll get some. Or, since you must have an idea of what it's used for, call contractors who do that and ask to buy some. Again, the better the offer, the more likely they'll make time to sell some to you.

You can get a 10 lb bag of something called Hydrostone from Michaels Craft supply shops if you have them up there. Or Hobby Lobby stores probly too. They sell it to make garden stepping stones and baby hand impressions, I must caution, I've never used it so I can't guarentee it's cutable with a saw blade - though if it is I might use iit for some ideas I have as well!

Back