What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any one have any new projects going?

was wondering if any one had any new projects going or any new pics to share.

Well I just finished my project for the summer..
you can see the result here:

http://gold.mylargescale.com/Scottychaos/29n2/29n2-page6.html

29n2-61.jpg

For the winter, I need to resume working on the big articulated:
and get it FINISHED! this will be the 3rd winter I have worked on it, and its still not done!

http://gold.mylargescale.com/Scottychaos/anniemallet7.html

Scot

This has been an ongoing project for several years now, and I'm hoping to get the engine finished and ready to be put in the car by winter. It's going to be a close one! It's been a fun project
biggrin.gif

LeMans-on-trailer.jpg

21-LeMans-without-fender.jpg

I have another on going project that I will be done with in december.....college
smile.gif

now thats a project! i need a car like that. what am i working on? rifles ofcourse. trying to figure out how im going to build a 416 Taylor. i have dies and loaded ammo but no action to rebarrel yet. im kinda thinking about working more with my 1895 Chilean Mauser. i had it Cerekoted and microslicked as an experiment. it turned out so nice i may have a couple more rifles done. to bad they wont be for free this time. it could use a new scope but is not bad for a gun that will be 110 years old next year. cant decide wither or not to sell my 270. its ugly as heck and has a really stiff bolt lift but as a friend of mine hates to admit its one of the most accurate guns he has seen. when you pull the trigger down goes the deer every time. thinking bout chopping the barrel on my 44 revolver. 10-1/2 inches is way to long. prolly chop it down to 7. lets see Darla needs a rifle. not to mention my Jeep could use some work......... so many projects so lil time and money.

Im clearing a lot, raising the level of the lower part by 3 feet, installing drainage, then building several concret retaining walls, then I will be digging a natural pond and constructing a large greenhouse, and while im doing all that I will also be having a house built and buildin a dock on the lagoon my property boarders
smile.gif

Some very interesting project's you guys got going!
I'm getting an ant farm started up from scratch i have 2 queens waiting for them to lay, hopefully in the next month they will. there lasius neoniger and i just got a brand new professionally built large Formicarium (Ant Farm) and foraging area still waiting on the Claustral Cell (queen chamber) addition

Oh, oh. Ever read the short story "Sand Kings?" I think it's by George R. Martin.

ohhhh.... I always wanted a "true" ant farm with a QUEEN!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I had a termite farm going though... the queens are so ugly they'd make you barf! think giant maggots
smile_t_32.gif

You could catch queens locally thats what i did.
heres a good site the faq's section is also usefull on how to catch queens.
http://www.antcam.com/

If any one is interested in keeping ants i have lots of links to useful sites from where to buy ant farms, info on colony life and species specifics, how to find a queen etc, just pm me and il send the links to whatever you prefer.

Back