What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any growers in Arcata, CA?

hey all, im attending Humboldt state university and was wondering if there are any local growers in the arcata, eureka area. I am missing my plants so maybe we could check out your collection and talk CP's. just a though

i think bob teaches at humbodlt.

I couldn't help but chuckle at the title of your post. :)

Humboldt state should have a nursery with CP's if I'm not mistaken! There is the great nursery near Fort Bragg that has some great CP's too. You can always go on a road trip and find some local CP's. Theres Darlingtonia Wayside park just north of the CA/OR boarder on highway 1. Also there is another great nursery here in Sonoma Co. if you want to take a longer drive! Hope that helps some!

yes i have met with bob ziemer, he was very generous and let me have some of his spare plants. yes the title is rather funny, i should have specified growers of carnivorous plants! thanks for the info all!

Is it true that Bob always dresses in his costume from Where the Wild Things Are? Can you rub his head for good luck?
Hehe. Seriously, Bob is great - you're super lucky to have chanced on him. He gave me a lot of great advice (and plants) when I was getting started. I don't know about growers, but I think that there's some Darlingtonia country nearby. Not sure where specifically, but I'm sure Bob could fill you in. There's lots of growers in Cali if you make a roadtrip out of it; there's also some notable persons and locations along the Willamette Valley in Oregon.
~Joe

After a long day of fighting off the undead, nothing replenishes my health bar like some quality green herb. Although the herb grows in Raccoon City (and the neighboring Arklay Mountains), some of the best comes straight from Humboldt County. So I would imagine there are plenty of growers in Arcata... Oh, wait. You're all talking about carnivorous plants?! My bad. Please ignore this post, and avoid the downtown plaza just to be safe. :bigthumpup:

Back