What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Bassoon Players Here?

I was just wondering if anyone here that grows cps also happens to play the bassoon?

and if so do you play to your plants?:blush:

I know bassoonists...does that count at all? I double lines with bassoons all of the time and always love a good contra fart. I doubt that any of them grow CPs though.

I've wondered what bass frequencies would do to CPs. Let's see if we can get a huge government grant and conduct experiments.

I'm a clarinetist... always thought the bassoon was beastly though :boogie:

Beastly is a far better adjective than those that come to mind when thinking about an E flat clarinet, however.

LOL,

I've been trying to get another bassoon, but dang they're so expensive, a "cheap" one is like 5 thousand bux! every bassoon I've tried getting for cheaper on ebay has been sniped away from me..grrrrr sniff sniff :(

I've always thought that if a bassoon was a CP it would be a lowland neepnthes. And if a clare clare was a CP it would be a sarracenia of sorts

I play a Bflat clarinet like most people... what's wrong with Eflat clarinets? Good job actually learning the bassoon, twelve holes for the thumbs must be pretty annoying. I thought 9 keys for the pinkies with the clarinet was bad...

its not as bad as you would think. I would think using a more diminutive finger like the pinker would be more annoying then the thumbs, at least the thumbs are more developed to begin with.

I used to (well still kinda) play the alto sax, and just recently started the basson (within the last year). I'm ok with the fingering but I need to work on reading music... I am horrible at it.

Skip it and go straight to the contra!

HOOOOOOOONKKKKKKKKK! Love it!

Are you having trouble reading music in general, or is it the bass clef that is problematic? It can be confusing to have to suddenly learn a new clef.

Back