What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ant lions

Have any of you ever heard of doodlebugs or antlions. The're the same thing. Anyway I just ordered some of ebay. The're really cool. They catch things in their pits that they dig in the sand.

Yeah, actually we have a kind of disscussion going on right now about them in this topic.
Andrew

People are SELLING antlions?? Geez...we had 'em in the backyard by the scores when I was a kid.

Hey...maybe I can catch some of the bugs in my house and sell them on eBay.

Antlions are cool though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]People are SELLING antlions?? Geez...
Why buy them. They are wild just about everywhere
confused.gif

We have them all over our 5 acres! They are real cool though especialy the adults that look like a cross between a dragonfly-wasp-and moth like the adult Chykka on Metroid prime 2 echoes Lol.

They aren't rare around the area I live in as long as you get out of the city.

The adults look kind of like someone took a dragonfly...stretched it, twisted the head off, and switched it for something....I'm not sure what!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Aug. 21 2005,1:43)]They are real cool though especialy the adults that look like a cross between a dragonfly-wasp-and moth like the adult Chykka on Metroid prime 2 echoes Lol.
That thing was so hard to kill lol

Well it took 8 tries for me,so rather hard. I`ve gotten stuck now though on that drone right after dark samus #2. For some reason the whole floor is covered in electricity instead of just the `bots arm killing me almost instantly!
Did it do that to you? Any tips?

how long do they stay in larva form?
confused.gif

Back