What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ant-eggs!

I collected a load of ant eggs from my mums alotment today! My goldfish absolutly LOVES them!!!
biggrin.gif
It seems she gains a lot of nutrision (I know it's spelt wrong!
wink.gif
) and it tastes good too to them! Do you ever do this???
rolleyes.gif

Well, LOL, my Red devil fancies on a few ant eggs here and there, but then again, HE FANCIES ON THE ANTS TOO! Lol, he likes there eggs, and he likes crickets, wait a minute he even eats worms, and OMG he eats other fish, wait a minute... I hear a song coming!
He eats eggs......fish....ANTS AND WORMS...Crickets...mealies... he eats....he eats...he eats...h eats fish food, and other...other...other........ . . .... .......... fishs fins, he even eats veggies, hes a carnivore but he eats everythiiiiinnnggg. LOL, yea, my guy likes ant eggs, he likes the ants too.
LOL...

Hi lil_flytrap_boy,

I feed ant eggs too. My fish love them but I get stung collecting them. Years ago, stores used to sell jars of dried ant eggs for fish. They are a great food. I feed wingless fruit flies, grindal worms, earthworms (chopped), water fleas, mosquito larvae and blackworms too.

Bobby
tounge.gif

Ant eggs are a great source of protien, but just a fair warning, while carp (goldfish) will stick anything in their mouth that they think might be food, they are predominately vegitarian, and high protien diets (especially bloodworms for some reason) have been linked to impacted guts and swim bladder problems in goldfish.

It is best to feed them sinking pellets I think (they have been known to swallow air when gulping at food ont he surface.) and greens are always good. Mine love frozen greenbeans that I have nuked a little bit, balls of romaine lettuce, a little spiniach now and again... but I swore them off meats long ago.

I've found that my baby guppies love crushed snails. I mean, it's just like the shark feeding frenzies shown on the Discovery channel, they rip it to shreds.

Back