What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

another question from a sarracenia N00B

So, i know that white fuzzy mold can be a good thing eating dead tissue. So, here is my question, it isnt on any part of the plant, but all over the peat that is in the pot? should i be worried...I have only had a couple sarrs that didnt make it because i was still extremely new to the CP hobby. This is my second go with one and when i got it it was already suffering so i thre it into a new pot, cause the pot it was in was basically full of soup

I had some white fuzzy mold on some sarrs when I took them out of fridge dormancy last year that posed no problem, but some lethal mold the year before that. Pics would help.

If your plant(s) are not affected at all, you can just remove the white mold on the soil with your fingers.
Maybe the cause is not enough ventilation+High RH.

Any picture ?

Maiden

I will try to get a picture. high RH makes sense, my apartment is tiny, and it got crazy dry in here with the start of winter so i got myself a cool mist humidifier.

I spray my soil when I notice mold with a SULFUR based fungicide.

I just pluck it out. It only happens with really bad air flow for me at least.

i am getting some light mold on my pinguicula soil, for me i think it is because of lower temperatures and low moisture. are you growing your plant inside?

Back