What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another hot pepper, you may have heard the name

Got another one of these the other day, a couple of pics before and after. email if interested, gnixon@satx.rr.com. I heard there is a yellow, I just have the red.
IMGP8431_zpsb1120c69.jpg
IMGP8433_zpsb33951c4.jpg
IMGP8431_zpsb1120c69.jpg
IMGP8462_zpsb849beed.jpg

I have perhaps 25 seeds up for grabs.

Is that a peter pepper here is a pod of mine earlier this spring....

IMAG0114.jpg

Yes indeed, before and after bobbiting.

They do have a bit of heat to them. Yesterday I met a fellow at the community garden area and he was watering his wife's plot. She is Bulgarian he said, and has several peppers growing. One was a small yellow/orange one about an inch long, tapered maybe a quarter to 3/8 inch wide. Like a mini-Serrano. I took one and touched it to my tongue, it had a fair bit of heat. The growth habit is slightly similar to a chili petin-pequin depending on your spelling...but not quite so rambly. If you want a couple of seeds, let me know, jmrc.

I have a few pequins and have something similar to yours only difference is the color. It is a Thai pepper that packs a punch. Not quite super hot but enough to give you a good buzz. I dont think i will need seeds, got a box full of different seeds from trading on the pepper growing forums......

Back