What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another giant n.--------------ventrincosa pitcher!

My Nepenthes ventrincosa is making another giant pitcher! this one isn't even open and it is about 1 inch larger than the last! I'll post a pic soon.
smile.gif

well where the pic how long do we have to wait lol

here's one.

Image191.jpg

on the left side you can see a N. maxima and a N. alata right in front of it. I can't get the Maxima to make lower pitchers. don't know how.
sad.gif
Nice flag, eh?

here's a closeup:

Image192.jpg

ok.ok. it's not exactly an inch longer, but hey, it's a ventrincosa!

this is what my N. ventrincosa pitcher looked like before: (same pic from "How large do N. ventrincosa pitchers get?")

Nepenthes%20ventrincosa.jpg

this is what it looks like now:

Image193.jpg

tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

from the angle I took the sec. pic. the Ven. doesn't look any redder, but at another angle it's very deep red...what do you think?

kool i guess i will have to order a n. alata & n.ventrincosa. i know i can get the alata at a nursery around here but the ventrincosa. i will have to order. kool pic Spec. whats the one all the way in the back right corned small one. the flag just reminded me of the stamps that i bought today lol

lean the vine to the side and it will promote a basil shoot to grow

that's my unknown Nepenthes. I'll be right back I'm taking a pic of my rajah
smile.gif

Nice picts!!

from the other angel it look like it is more of a blood red

you can see pics of my rajah now in "Update on my rajah"

What conditions are you growing those nepenthes in? My ventricosa is a really crappy grower
sad.gif
. It has slow growth, sometimes deformed, brown spotted leaves, and no pitcher production. One of my other ones seems to be doing fine though....

Spectabilis73,
Are u growing those Nepenthes in the open or a terrarium? Nice plants, though.

Nice pics. Looks like your N. maxima is making upper pitchers so don't expect lower ones. MAYBE if you chop it way back you can get a basal shoot that will produce lower pitchers.

Also can you edit your photos before posting to the web so they are a bit smaller in dimension?
Tony

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tony Paroubek @ Dec. 03 2002,07:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can you edit your photos before posting to the web so they are a bit smaller in dimension?
Tony[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I've tried everything to make them smaller. I just figured out that when I take Macro-zooms it seems to make the pics bigger.
confused.gif

Spec, I would like to add to the calls for grow info... Details! We want Details! lol

ok. here's the details:

First, I grow them on a south-eastern (mostly east) window. (I'll get into details in just a sec  
tounge.gif
) {I do NOT grow it in a terrarium.} I give it bright to full sun from 9-12. after twelve, (if it was a day with full sun) I close the blinds halfway so it gets full sun for 10 mins, them shade for 10 mins, then full sun for 10 mins, etc, etc...

Humidity and temp.:
They get a constant humidity of about 60-70% in the night, (on the coast here in CAlifornia it's almost always foggy every night) about 80%
Temps are around 60*-70*,sometimes, at the most, 75*-80* on very hot days

EDIT: Tell me if you want more and/or better details

More please... just got my baby ventricosa yesterday... tryingto provide the best possible environment for it.

*in robot voice* SCANNING BRAIN FOR MORE INFO

Watering:

I give it a good watering every 3 days and leave a little water at the bottom of the pot. every 2 weeks or so I give it a drying out of about 3 days, (I empty the little water that's at the bottom of the pot,too) but if it starts to look too dry before 3 days I water it.

*in robot voice* SCANNING BRAIN FOR MORE INFO

EDIT: CORRECTION: I give it 60-75% humidity

anything SPECIFIC you want to know about?
anything SPECIFIC do you wnat me to give details about?
want further details?
smile.gif

Back